PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Card Crashes on Windows 7 when in Mirrored Live View

cirwin
February 23rd, 2010, 04:28 AM
My title clearly expresses my problem. I just purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 7 for use in our photobooth. I installed the latest version of PSRemote (1.8.2), connected at Canon G10 and immediately experienced a problem when I enabled Live View. First, I thought it was just Live View that was crashing the graphics card driver, but then I tried enabling/disabling a few items and discovered that it was "Mirror Live Viewfinder Image" that was causing the problem.

I prefer to use the mirrored image in the booth. Any ideas as to what could be the problem. I have a huge 3 day corporate event in 2 days, and I would like to be able to use my new laptop for the event. A quick reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Will you please copy your response to e-mail? [email protected]

cirwin
February 23rd, 2010, 05:09 AM
Okay, I played around with some of the compatibility settings under properties, and I managed to get the Mirrored Live View to run. Here is what I did:

1. Right Click on PSRemote icon & clicked on Properties
2. Opened up Compatibility Tab
3. Checked "Disable desktop composition"

Then, I re-opened PSRemote, and a little box popped up that said that the program would run using Windows 7 Basic Color Scheme. Then, I launched Full Screen Photobooth Mode with Live View and Mirrored Image enabled. Everything seems to be working fine now. Of course, I'll plan to bring my back up laptop with me for my big event, just in case. But, as of right now, it looks like I found the fix.

I'll update this post if anything changes or if the program crashes again.