PDA

View Full Version : can't get G3 to work on XP Pro

Gatorjwade
April 1st, 2005, 03:45 PM
I had my G3 working fine with my old laptop using XP Pro and DLpro v1.0.

I moved to a new laptop with a newer version of XP (2002 SP1), installed latest DLpro (v1.62), and installed G3 drivers from Canon's site. I could not get the WIA driver for Me/XP to work, so I uninstalled it and installed the 98/2000 TWAIN driver, could not get that to work either. Device Manager recognizes the camera, says operational, install of driver goes fine, but DLpro 1.6.2 doesn't get auto-started (even tho I registered it for events), and even when I start DLpro it can't see any camera connected.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

MarkS
April 1st, 2005, 10:09 PM
I've just connected a 350D and also cannot get DLPro to recognise anything on the camera.

Mark

Chris Breeze
April 11th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Please check you are using the latest version of Downloader Pro (v1.6.2). Both the 350D and the G3 need the Canon WIA drivers to be installed in order to be able to connect. With the 350D you need to make sure the communication is set to "PC connection" not "Print/PTP". I think there may also be a similar setting in the G3 menus.
Downloader Pro v1.6.2 should work with all PowerShot and EOS cameras from the PowerShot G1 and EOS D30 up to the current models.

Gatorjwade
April 17th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Well, I've been busy and hadn't tried it again for awhile, but after seeing Chris's response I figured I'd try it again. Low and behold I plugged in my camera and it autostarted Downloader Pro and it's now downloading images. Not sure what the problem was - I had rebooted, but several boots has apparently done the trick.

Thanks Chris, looks like I'm back in business! :)

MarkS
April 17th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Excellent, Chris, just seen your message about setting 'PC Connection'.
That's done the trick, thanks!

MarkS