PDA

View Full Version : Printer quality

kiwi
February 26th, 2010, 02:02 AM
I have seen the results from a Sony up-cx1 which is used by a major US photo booth manufacturer and quite frankly the quality of the prints was below standard. Just horrible as far as we are concerned, especially colour, but then again we are photographers & maybe we are fussy. We use a Sony upr-d200 which is a lot more expensive but we are getting high quality printing in B&W and colour. We would certainly like to use a up-cx1 as they are much cheaper & lighter but we do not want to sacrifice quality.

We have not actually trialled the printer ourselves so I am not sure as to the quality of the files used by the Americans. Maybe the files are rubbish, but the guy who supplies our printers says the technology of the up-cx1 is outdated.

I would appreciate any comments regarding this printer & the quality of the output. Maybe the punters don't care for all I know. Our strips look just like a high quality photo. Do yours?

peaceman
February 27th, 2010, 12:13 AM
I just ordered that printer for my company. If someone knows it is really bad let me know asap. We have the CR10-L snap lab and it prints ok. Print quality is not great but not that bad either.
We are just doing a photo booth type set up at weddings so the quality does not have to be outstanding but I do not want it to be an issue either.
thanks

snapshot
February 27th, 2010, 06:41 PM
The UP-CX1 is the same exact printer as the CR10L snap lab, just without the screen.

I use a UP-CX1, and the pictures are fine IMO. I've never had anyone say the photo looked bad, but have had lots of people comment on how good the pictures look. It's just a photo booth, the pictures don't have to be pro lab quality. Compared to the prints you get out of a photo booth at the mall, the UP-CX1 is exponentially better.

I've printed a photo on my UP-CX1 and the same at Target, and they look identical.

kiwi
March 1st, 2010, 08:48 AM
Snapshot it is a pity that I can't post an attachment here to show the difference between the two examples I have here. After what you have said I suspect that perhaps the origional files are not good. Maybe a video grab as used by some manufactured booths. If I get the time I will email the examples to you for comment. I understand that it is only a photo booth but I book a lot of venues because my strips stand out as being better than everyone else's. If I can use a cheaper printer & achieve the same results I will be very pleased.

peaceman
March 2nd, 2010, 06:23 PM
We were using high end cameras (20D and above) and the results were acceptable.
Actually we have started using the little selphy printers in a spooling config. on smaller eventsand are surprised how well they work. Don't know how long they will last though. We got them at best buy with warranties so they will get fixed at least once. The quality is about the same as the cr-10 believe it or not.

shimoto
March 7th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I am a professional photographer and use the up-cx1 in our booth. We also use a 5D I am 100% satisfied by the quality. We just did our first bridal fair where there was five other photo booth companies by far our print quality out shined every company there. We were even asked why our prints were so much better then everyone else's.

forasong
March 17th, 2010, 02:50 PM
I have had nothing but praise about our prints. I use the up-cx1 and just did 2bridal shows with 3 other photo booths at one and 2 at the other and time after time brides came back to book and brought the other prints back and asked why our where so much better. Booked 14 weddings at each show and 7 more after the show. The printer is great. there are other factors like lighting and camera that make a difference as well, not just the printer. I am ordering 3 more of these printers.