PDA

View Full Version : Live view turns off.

kiwi
February 26th, 2010, 02:18 AM
I understand the reason why the live veiw turns off on the Canon 1000D after half an hour. This is built into the camera to save it from cooking in normal use.

My question is how do I get around this? We have a booth on a two year lease to a function centre where they sometimes leave the booth running for a long period of time without use. I don't want them to go into the software to reset the camera, in fact they don't even have a keyboard. Is there some way that the camera can be turned off & on with an external switch & go straight back into run mode, without a Windows message popping up, when the camera is turned on again?

Chris Breeze
February 26th, 2010, 09:46 AM
If you enable auto-reconnect in DSLR Remote Pro you can turn the camera off and it will display the camera_not_connected.jpg screen image. When you turn the camera back on it will automatically connect and display the ready.jpg screen. You can disable autoplay for the camera to prevent Windows from displaying anything when the camera is turned on.

kiwi
February 26th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Thank you Chris, just what I wanted to hear. I do remember reading that somewhere, now that you have mentioned it.

kiwi
February 26th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Chris, I just tried out on a booth with a 450D that we have in the studio.
When the programme is running & I turn the camera off, the screen freezes and stays like that & no message appears.
When I have the software in the setup mode, a red screen appears when I turn the camera off, with the words "Not connected".

Chris Breeze
March 1st, 2010, 07:41 AM
Is there a screen image called camera_not_connected.jpg in the photobooth images folder? This screen is displayed when the camera connection is lost.

kiwi
March 1st, 2010, 08:29 AM
I found it - not very obvious but a common trap.
There was an extra space after both hyphens.
Thanks Chris.