PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Kaspersky Internet Security

DavidB
March 2nd, 2010, 08:24 AM
Have just installed version 1.9.5.1. Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (KIS), which has for some time spuriously flagged up Breeze applications as 'dangerous', decided on this occasion, despite my instruction to proceed, to quarantine the install file half way through the install, which, needless to say, compromised the install and confused the OS.

Recovering the install file from quarantine and running the install again fixed the immediate problem, but it seemed worthwhile to record the issue, in case others have similar problems.

David

Chris Breeze
March 3rd, 2010, 07:19 AM
Unfortunately antivirus software packages occasionally come up with false alarms like this. I can assure you that none of my software contains a virus or any other malware and any new release is scanned with up to date antivirus software before putting it on the website.

DavidB
March 3rd, 2010, 11:11 AM
I can assure you that none of my software contains a virus or any other malware and any new release is scanned with up to date antivirus software before putting it on the website.
Of course I know this; others may not, so it is worth making the point. In fact, Kaspersky (which provides good protection but has fairly aggressive policies) gives false positives on a number of install files, but this is the first time I have had it quarantine anything.

David