PDA

View Full Version : Image Ranking Problem

cppcodeguru
March 10th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Hello,
I have a question about image ranking.
When I am ranking an image with BBPro with external xmp sidecarfile and loading this into LightZone / Lightroom 3 Beta the Ranking/Rating isn't displayed. I even didn't find it in the xmp file. If I modify the rating/ranking with LightZone, it is displayed in Lightroom 3 beta and is inserted into the xmp file.

Ah, I fond the file in an external .txt file but why isn't this written into the xmp sidecard file?

Thanks for your help,

Andreas.

JohnZeman
March 10th, 2010, 09:06 PM
My guess is you haven't exported your BB Pro rankings to Adobe ratings yet.

File/Rankings/Export rankings to Adobe ratings

cppcodeguru
March 10th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Yes, this was I am looking for, thanks.
But now I have another 2 problems with the rating:

1) I have a jpg, raw (displayed as one picture in BB) and xmp file in the directory. If I do a File/Rankings/..to Adobe ratings, the info isn't stored only in the xmp file but also in the jpg file, that isn't what I want, because it is my original file from the camera that shouldn't be changed, therefore I am using the xmp sidecard file.
2) If I change it in LightZone (after BB/File/Rankings/..to Adobe ratings) and looking again at the picture with BBPro, BBPro doesn't recognize the new rating, because it is loading the .txt stored value not the one in the xmp file. And if I delete the .txt file no more ratings are displayed any more.

Andreas.

DavidB
March 10th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I have a jpg, raw (displayed as one picture in BB) and xmp file in the directory. If I do a File/Rankings/..to Adobe ratings, the info isn't stored only in the xmp file but also in the jpg file, that isn't what I want, because it is my original file from the camera that shouldn't be changed, therefore I am using the xmp sidecar file
Unlink the RAW/JPEG pairs with Shift+Ctrl+R, then sort by file type with Shift+Ctrl+3 to make it easy to select just the RAW files for exporting the rankings. Then re-link the pairs with Shift+Ctrl+R. You can do all that faster than I could type the description.

David

cppcodeguru
March 11th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks, that helped me a lot.
And I have to do a "File\Import from Adobe Rating" again, if I modified the rating in an external program.

Andreas.