PDA

View Full Version : Batch Renaming

ssim
March 16th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I have a couple of custom styles for renaming. The first set of characters in it is the sequential number and then the balance is different between the two hence the two styles. However, if you tag the continue number from last time which is the way I do it, it does not recognize the numbers between the two different styles.

As I noted the one constant with my file naming convention is that there should not be two images with the same file number (the first 6 characters in my case) though the balance of the file name may differ. As an example if using style 1 ends in number 106599 and I then use style 2 it will pick up the next sequential number from where ever style 2 ended up at the last time and not 106600 like I would like it too. Is there an existing way of making it use the next number irrespective of the style chosen.

Right now I either have to change the balance of the style or go back and find the last used number and put that in as a new starting number.

Chris Breeze
March 16th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Sorry, BBPro only keeps one record of the last file number used and has no way of keeping track of the numbering of individual custom styles. I think it would be very difficult for it to work any other way.