PDA

View Full Version : Sequence randomly hangs

lelsybgood
March 19th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry if this problem has been addressed already... I've spent hours trying to find an answer via the forum but had no luck. Perhaps I didn't search using the correct keywords. Here's my setup:

(1) Photobooth software is running on a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp... The Windows partition runs XP Professional. [Intel Core Duo, 2.33ghz - 2g ram]

(2) Canon EOS Rebel 300d (firmware version 1.0.2) and an external Sunpak Flash. Rebel is in manual mode.

(3) Camera USB is direct to laptop.... not via hub.

(4) DLSR Remote version 1.8.2 (when upgrading to this version I received a popup stating "PolyImagePro.dll" was an older version than the one already installed on my computer... I opted to keep the newer file--was that ok?)

The problem:

The software randomly hangs at various points during the sequence. It will stick on the "processing" image and I have to stop the sequence. Pictures are taken/saved but it stops before it can produce the strip. To fix, I unplug camera USB from laptop and camera... take out camera battery.... shut down DLSR Remote and plug it all back in again. Then it works flawlessly until the next hang. During a four hour event, it shut down around six times.

I've read folks having to reboot the computer when this happens. I haven't had to do that. I simply hit the ESQ key and restart the problem, camera, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Leslie

onebadhobbit
November 21st, 2010, 07:52 AM
Hi Leslie, did you ever manage to sort this? I am getting a very similar issue right now, an AF shutter release dialog message that stops the sequence. Is 9so far, cross fingers) happening on one machine with 1000D, but another, not so far. I would replace with a camera that is not doing it. Keen to know how you came to a resolution about your issue as it may be similar.

SleeperTech
November 21st, 2010, 08:28 AM
two totally seperate issues

Chris Breeze
November 22nd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Hi Leslie, did you ever manage to sort this? I am getting a very similar issue right now, an AF shutter release dialog message that stops the sequence. Is 9so far, cross fingers) happening on one machine with 1000D, but another, not so far. I would replace with a camera that is not doing it. Keen to know how you came to a resolution about your issue as it may be similar.

Is the camera set to manual focus? The problem with using AF is if the AF cannot focus the camera won't take a picture and you get an error.

onebadhobbit
November 22nd, 2010, 10:02 AM
it's on MF, as determined on the side of the lens. Is there another way of setting it to MF? As per Sleepertechs reponse to my similar post, is this a known issue? Should I purchase another model of canon?