PDA

View Full Version : getting gaps in between pics

mavcsuf07
March 26th, 2010, 03:53 AM
i was having problem fitting the whole pic on the strip so i took off the "crop to fit pic" option. Then when the pic comes out, i can capture the whole pic but now there are gaps in between the first and second row. what am i doing wrong?

thanks,
mark

Chris Breeze
March 26th, 2010, 08:04 AM
You will get a gap between photos if the aspect ratio of the space available for each photo is different from the aspect ratio of the photo. If you select the crop option the photo is cropped to fit the available area and there won't be any gaps.
If the crop option is not selected you may get gaps either above and below the photos or to the left and right. Gaps above and below the photos can be compensated for by increasing the height of the header and footer images. If you select the JPEG only output option, take a test shot and load the layout into an image editor you can count the total number of pixels in the gaps between the photos and then enlarge the header.jpg and footer.jpg accordingly. e.g. if the layout has columns of 4 photos and there is a gap of 20 pixels between the photos the total gap would be 60 pixels. To compensate for this increase the combined height of the header and footer by 60 pixels e.g. add 60 pixels to the footer and leave the header unchanged or add 30 pixels to both.
Gaps to the left and right of the photos can be compensated for by decreasing the height of the header and footer images.

jamiebodie
March 26th, 2010, 10:15 AM
How can you count the pixels with say photoshop?

Qapla
March 27th, 2010, 03:00 AM
This may not be the only/best way, however, I will give you a way you can try.

Load the complete picture (the one with all images, spaces, etc) into your photoshop. Then use the selection tool (the dotted box that lets you delete/copy part of the image) and copy the space you wnat to count. You may need to magnify the image to capture only the pixles you want to count.

Paste this as a new image and look at the image information. It should give you the size of this new image.

I can't tell you all the menu commands or tell you some other way in Photoshop as I use Paint Shop Pro (an older version, but it does all I need it to do), but I can tell you that this technique will work.

mavcsuf07
March 31st, 2010, 09:12 AM
thanks guys, i will give this a try! =)