PDA

View Full Version : Having problems making photobooth printouts? printer?

AzSphinxx13
March 27th, 2010, 05:30 AM
I'm having a problem setting up custom photobooth print outs. We are using a HP inkjet photo printer. Basically, when I set it up, the preview looks good, nice even borders, but then when it prints its off. I managed to set it up with some tweaking, but its a pain if I want to add a different layout, because I have to keep compensating for what the printer is clipping off.

This is the best way I could explain it, with an example. This is one of the saved Jpegs, and I put a rough border of where the printer is printing (the black line). That whole outside border is being left off the print.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/1664/photoboothc.jpg

I have a choice of borderless 4x6, which gives me the clipping. Or just 4x6, which then shrinks everything to fit so that the printer can add its own margin.

Is there some settings I can fix, so that my printer & the program are on the same page?

I'm using a HP inkjet photo printer.

thanks

Chris Breeze
March 29th, 2010, 07:51 AM
You should be able to adjust the positions of the photos to suit the printer's borderless printing setting. Most printers will print on an area slightly bigger than the paper to guarantee that they print right up to the edge and so you need compensate for this when positioning the photos on the page.

AzSphinxx13
March 29th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Ok, that's what I've been doing. I was hoping there was an easier way. Thanks for letting me know. :)