PDA

View Full Version : Sony UP-CX1

jamiebodie
March 27th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I just got a new Sony UP-CX1 and I can't get it to work with my computer. I am running Windows 7, first I don't see any print drivers for Windows 7 so I installed the ones for Vista/XP. When I try to print I get an error message.

I am brand new to this type of printer so I may be doing even the simplest of things wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jamie

snapshot
March 27th, 2010, 01:59 PM
According to Sony's compatibility chart (http://www.sony.net/Products/DP-driver/os/win.html), the UP-CX1 doesn't work on Windows 7. I'm sure they are working on a driver, but who knows when that will be available.

I don't have windows 7, so I'm not sure if you can get xp or vista drivers to work with it somehow.

okcfb
March 28th, 2010, 02:40 AM
if you are using 64 bit for windows 7 try the 64 bit vista driver. I am running the updr 200 on windows 7 and it doesnt list a driver for windows 7. Worth a try good luck

jamiebodie
March 28th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I am going to try another computer today and see if the computer is even my problem.

snapshot
March 29th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I just remembered that imaging spectrum very briefly provided links to windows 7 drivers for the UP-CX1 (and other Sony printers) before Sony had them take it down.

I guess the drivers were still in beta, and they didn't want them out yet. That should mean that they should be released not too far into the future.

jamiebodie
March 29th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I just remembered that imaging spectrum very briefly provided links to windows 7 drivers for the UP-CX1 (and other Sony printers) before Sony had them take it down.

I guess the drivers were still in beta, and they didn't want them out yet. That should mean that they should be released not too far into the future.

Thanks, it looks like I am going to switch out one of the computers that I use to DJ with and my Windows 7 computer. I have tried the vista computer with the printer and it works great. I just have to move a bunch of files around now.

Jamie

beachgirl
April 13th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Hi Jamie.. I have the driver you need for 7. I did some web hunting and found someone who had it. PM me and I'll email you the link :)

jasonnaylor
April 22nd, 2010, 10:43 PM
I also managed to get my UPCX1 running on Win7. It took me hours, and I don't remember how I managed to do it, but it worked in the end.

Sounds like @beachgirl will hook you up, but if not - contact me and I'll see what I can dig out.

hermanjc
April 29th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Sony released the UP-CX1 Windows 7 driver today (April 28th)
http://www.sony.net/Products/DP-driver/digitalphoto_printer/UP-CX1/index.html