PDA

View Full Version : Photo booth button becomes unresponsive

steve lynch
April 4th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Hi!

I've built over 40 booths for customers now, and have recently added PSremote as a software option. Of the 4 or 5 I've sent out so far, I've not had a single problem. On the one I'm prepping for shipping right now, the photo booth button app becomes unresponsive after about 5 minutes.

I have no idea why. I've changed the usb to serial adaptor not twice, but three times, re-wired the button, re-formatted the machine, all to no avail..

Here's the screwy part.

Simply shutting photo booth button down, then re-starting it, brings it back to life...

Why would it be going inactive on me?

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm just stumped, as it's only on this one booth.. I'm wondering if something I did triggered this strange Behavior.

Thanks!

Steve Lynch
http://www.Atlantaphotobooth.net

Dannygonzales73
April 4th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I use laptops for the booths I have and ran into this problem before on one of them. For my issue I found that it was the USB hub I was using to connect all my devices to, including the button. If I plugged my serial-to-usb cable straight into the laptop, the problem went away. I also recall having this issue on a test desktop pc I used when I built my first booth, for that issue it was something with the on-board USB. I reset the defaults within the BIOS and it corrected the issue. If you're not using a hub then it's possibly something with the on-board USB.

Hope this helps :)