PDA

View Full Version : Options for Touchscreen Settings

Ben Miller
April 15th, 2010, 03:10 AM
I'm using the touchscreen options (in full screen booth mode) to change between color and b/w, and I have two hidden buttons to increase or decrease the number of prints before the picture is taken.

However, I REALLY need a few more buttons on the screen. I would like to create a button for "ESC" (so I can change settings, etc), as well as a "CTRL-R" so I can reprint.

I have the keyboard locked away INSIDE the case once the booth is set up. I do not want to open the case once the booth is set up. (I like to hide the magic).

So, again, am I missing something? I don't see it as an option in the touchscreen drop down options??

Chris Breeze
April 15th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I'll add a touchscreen option to reprint the photos in the next release. I'm not sure about an escape button option though - surely there is a risk the users will press this, exit photobooth mode and start accessing the PC.

alexsiskahn
May 4th, 2010, 03:12 AM
well it would be nice if there was some keyboard emulator buildt in as having to lug around a keyboard when you have a touch screen is kind of silly
maybe make the keyboard emulator "esc" key not look like an escape key so people can't mess with it too much.

Jonny
May 4th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Start->Programs->Accessories->Accessibility->On-Screen Keyboard

Works great on the touch screen I use for my HTPC.

chuckb
May 5th, 2010, 12:55 PM
How about a touch screen option to start the on screen key board if the "esc" option not available?

PhotoJames
May 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I use a touch screen and use PSRemote. I set up a hidden button to reprint the last page. It's really easy and no one has accidentally pressed it (I tucked it way up into the corner and very small).
As for the ESC key, I have yet to tackle that one. I've read either in this forum or in PBT about using some scripting to be able to bring the computer out of full screen photobooth mode. If it were something that we could assign like I did with the reprint button I have another corner on my screen waiting for it.

alexsiskahn
May 8th, 2010, 12:36 PM
surely someone can whip up an autohotkey script?

PhotoJames
May 12th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I've thought about the autohotkey route, but I'm going to wait and see what comes out in the next update. (which according to Chris should be later this month or early next month, Yaaaaaaay!)