PDA

View Full Version : Share your design templates?

beachgirl
April 19th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Hi all,

So far I've designed the basic 2 strip 4 x 6 as described in the directions but I don't understand how to program the software to do other layouts. I'm talking about the prints not the screens, etc. I would love to do 4-up using the whole sheet with a thin white border between the pics (the tall way - meaning that the photos also have to be longways - I realize this means mounting the camera different) and then putting just a footer at the bottom - no header. The problem is that I don't understand the measurements needed and how to leave room for the footer. any premade templates (or I guess just numberical values that you enter in) like this or any others would be amazing. I would be happy to share mine except it's the basic one LOL. thanks so much in advance!! (and any hints on how to do this in the future would be great... if it was simple inches, etc. it would make more sense to me!)

snapshot
April 20th, 2010, 03:21 AM
2 columns, 2 rows, however big you want the border (ex. 3mm), crop photos to fit area, rotate image to maximize size, put your footer in the images folder.

Done.

The custom layout isn't necessary for basic layouts as you describe. I think many people seem to be making the layout way harder then it needs to be by always wanting to use the custom layout option. Unless you will be putting pictures in weird places on the photos (i.e. not is nice rows and columns), or want pictures of different sizes, it is generally easier to just use the old way of making layouts. (I realize there are exceptions.)

A double strip can be done in just a few seconds. 2 columns, 4 rows, whatever size border, repeat images to fill empty columns, rotate image to maximize size.

beachgirl
April 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM
thanks!! I think you're right and i may be over thinking it :( I'm going to experiment more today.

Jonny
April 21st, 2010, 03:26 AM
You don't really need the custom layout to do cool stuff.

Here's a couple of samples.

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww291/TDuck_photos/savethedate_blue_rosescopy.jpg

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww291/TDuck_photos/savethedate_rose_trellis1.jpg

I'm just using the basic layout.

rikiboy
April 24th, 2010, 04:43 PM
How about this custom layout design.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n64/rikiboy/overlay.png

alexsiskahn
May 1st, 2010, 01:09 AM
well I hope the kid getting christened is a girl! Those colors, wowzers.

I dont' really think it is fair to say your just using the basic layout.
They r complicated png overlay ontop of a basic layout!

good job though.

harryg
June 19th, 2010, 04:23 AM
OMG!!!! Those templates are amazing! I had no idea that this software had that capability.

Amazing! I gotta learn how to do that.

mugshots
July 20th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Nice work guys. Mine is a little bit simpler than the previous examples, although I do use a multi-layered photoshop file to create a png overlay with the borders, drop shadow and text elements. Otherwise its just 2 columns, 4 rows, repeat to fill, plus a header and footer to squeeze the photos into the space I need them to occupy.
http://mugshots-photobooth.com/wp-content/gallery/alex-purcell039s-13th-birthday/mspb_alexs13bdayparty%20005.jpg

Since I'm not using a dye-sub printer yet, I don't make borderless prints, which saves ink and gets them out quicker, although it tends to limit my design options.

fortinaa
August 25th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I've been using the demo of DSLRremote and tried to do the basic layout with repeating images in 2 columns. The problem always seems to be with the spacing and cropping of the images. If I don't do a border in between there was a thick line down the middle of the prints and a very thin border horizontally between the images. It also kept cropping off parts of the image whether I told it to print borderless or not. Anyone have any tips or know if this particular combo needs a custom layout?

Chris Breeze
August 26th, 2010, 10:05 AM
You might find it simpler to use the custom layout option as this gives complete control of the size, position and cropping of each image.

rikiboy
August 27th, 2010, 07:35 AM
What we do? We will design a unique customized layout just for you
and unique for your every event.

How it works?
Just send us the details like Names, Date, Venue or church, and
celebrants photos (if there's any) and we will do the
rest of layout design, then email you the sample layout for your
approval.

We may also required you to send us sample strips created by your photobooth
so that we have a reference regarding the size and ratio of photos
exclusively for your photobooth. We know that photobooth strips
are different from different cameras and printers.

Payment is thru Globe G-cash if there's any or thru Western Union.

$20.00 per unique customized layout.

We will send you the PSD file, PNG file, and XML Files after we received
the payment.

Thank you.

PS:

This is like having your own Graphic Artist with a minimal fee :)