PDA

View Full Version : DSLR Remote Pro v1.9 beta 1

Chris Breeze
April 30th, 2010, 01:47 PM
DSLR Remote Pro for Windows v1.9 beta 1 is now available for download from:
http://www.breezesys.com/downloads/dslrp190beta1_20100430.exe

This beta release includes the following enhancements for photobooth shooting:

New, more flexible custom layout of prints including image rotation. This allows up to 10 images to be placed on the page and optionally rotated. The custom layout dialog also has on screen preview and print options to help with designing the page layout.
Please note: the new custom layout is not compatible with the old custom layout
Captions can now be rotated in 1/10 degree increments allowing horizontal or vertical text or anything in between.
Live view is hidden when displaying the release.jpg image to avoid confusion caused by the live view freezing just before the picture is taken. To use this simply copy your taking.jpg image and rename it release.jpg then edit in an image editor if required.
Added an optional minimum duration before closing the processing.jpg screen to allow a 'Please leave the booth now' message to be displayed for several seconds at the end of the sequence.
The default behavior of the live view inactivity timer now disables and immediately re-enables live view after 25 minutes to avoid the camera cancelling live view after 30 minutes.

Please report any problems by email to [email protected] or by posting on this forum.

alexsiskahn
May 1st, 2010, 01:00 AM
"Please note: the new custom layout is not compatible with the old custom layout " what does this specifically mean? the xml files we created in the old version cannot be loaded into the new version? if so that is a major bummer!

But I like the new features should make everything really nice!

cirwin
May 1st, 2010, 06:31 PM
Is there any chance that we'll see some of these updates migrate over to PSRemote, as well? I'm dying to get that new "Release" option. The processing update would also be quite helpful.

Chris Breeze
May 4th, 2010, 07:55 AM
"Please note: the new custom layout is not compatible with the old custom layout " what does this specifically mean? the xml files we created in the old version cannot be loaded into the new version? if so that is a major bummer!

But I like the new features should make everything really nice!

The parameters for the new custom layout are different and so it won't be able to use XML data for custom layouts from the old method. The new method is much more flexible and should be simpler to use.

Chris Breeze
May 4th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Is there any chance that we'll see some of these updates migrate over to PSRemote, as well? I'm dying to get that new "Release" option. The processing update would also be quite helpful.

Yes, I plan to add the same changes to the photobooth modes of both PSRemote and NKRemote after DSLR Remote Pro for Windows is released.

rikiboy
May 5th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Yes, I plan to add the same changes to the photobooth modes of both PSRemote and NKRemote after DSLR Remote Pro for Windows is released.

Hi, Chris, I'm about to write a thread about NKRemote update, and glad to read your message for future update.

Looking forward for this. :)

Thank you.

alexsiskahn
May 5th, 2010, 05:47 AM
it would be great if all 3 programs could use the xml templates regardless of what program it was designed with. Currently this requires changing the 2nd and last line of code.

also is there any trick to get old templates I made and I made a lot! to work with the new version of the program? Like changing some xml text? I'd hate to redo all that work over again!

Chris Breeze
May 5th, 2010, 08:50 AM
The custom layouts are different: the old layout only allows you to repeat images by copying the left half of the page whereas the new layout allows you to specify exactly where each image is placed. I can probably get the new version to read the positions of the images from the old version but there isn't any sensible way to handle the "Copy left half of page to right to create a double strip" option because the effect this has depends on the printer settings.

alexsiskahn
May 5th, 2010, 05:20 PM
can one install version 1.8 and version 1.9 simultaneously then so if they want to use their old layouts they can?

Chris Breeze
May 6th, 2010, 10:07 AM
There's no reason why you can't install different versions in different folders. You would need to load the appropriate settings from an XML file each time you switched version.

directsound
May 13th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Love the new custom area and the ability to see the print preview WOW that saves alot of time. I havent tried to rotate yet but thats a nice option. At first I was looking all over for the duplicate pictures option untill I got the drop downs worked out now thats work better
Thank you-

DJ Mikey Mike