PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Netbooks?

forasong
May 7th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I am putting together 3 more booths and want to use netbooks if possible. I am using canon g10's, alien bee's for the flash, sony upcx1 printers. the only difference is i am trying netbooks with windows 7 starter. I am getting an "error taking photo, error code=0x2097250. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Dave

I am now expeirencing all types of problems, It freezes up after the 2nd or 3rd shot and then I get the error code above. Is it the netbook issue or that I am running a trial version of PSremote. I didn't want to purchase for the netbooks until I was sure it would work like the first booth I built.

Dave

alexsiskahn
May 8th, 2010, 12:33 PM
install xp on them if possible

Chris Breeze
May 10th, 2010, 08:50 AM
PSRemote should run fine on a netbook running Windows 7 Starter. The most common cause of problems is the USB connection. You can get reliability problems if the USB cable is poor quality or too long or the computer does not have enough power to power the USB port properly.

harryg
May 10th, 2010, 04:34 PM
solved with a powered USB hub?

PhotoJames
May 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Hey Dave,

I'm using an Aspire Revo (basically a netbook without the monitor) but it's running XP. I would try buying a new USB cable and don't buy the cheapest.

uphid
May 10th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I cannot claim a full explanation on this one, but originally I was running an Acer Aspire One. It had stability problems. I changed it out for a low end Dell (but not a netbook), and have had much better performance.

On a secondary note, the netbook took a lot longer to prep the "composite" print images; the greater horsepower of the Dell makes our printing much faster.