PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!

forasong
May 14th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Okay.... the first booth I built works GREAT! I am building 3 more and can't get these things to work for the life of me. It will take the series of four shots and print them just fine and then the program freezes up. Sometimes it will fire one shot and then freeze. The camera is still showing the live shot fine most of the time, however the program will not respond to anything, I have to end the program in task manager. The varialbles are...brand new laptop with windows 7 and a stelth switch II. I disconected the stelth switch and used the f2 and f3 keys and it still freezes after the first series of shots. Can anyone help PLEASE? Oh yeah one more variable is the first booth is running the last version of PSRemote and the new one is the latest version.

Dave

Chris Breeze
May 14th, 2010, 01:09 PM
The most common cause of problems is the USB connection e.g. poor quality cables, and problem with the USB port itself or the computer not providing enough power to run the USB port reliably (some laptops have this problem when running from batteries).

forasong
May 14th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Thank you Chris. Here is what I did to troubleshoot that, I took the laptop from the new booth and put it in the old booth with all the stuff that works fine. And still I get the freezing after the first set of shots. Is it because I am running a trial version of psremote? Is there a setting I am missing? I am pretty frustrated that is for sure.

Thank you
Dave

forasong
May 14th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Hey Chris, one more thing. What is this "PSRemoteLibTest.exe" I can not find it in windows 7 to change the compatability mode, could this be the problem?

Thanks again
Dave

PhotoJames
May 14th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Does your original booth run XP or 7? Might be a driver issue. I almost asked if you were saving to the card on the camera, but the trial version won't allow that. If you save to the card and it fills up the process stops.

forasong
May 14th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Actually I am running Vista on the "good" booth. Here is an update. I pulled one of my Vista laptops out to see how that would run and it ran fine... until I installed the Stelth Switch II software so I could use the buttons. Then it started to freeze in the same manor right after the printing of the strips. I uninstalled and even system restored to try to get rid of the stelth switch and it is now freezing after every session. I have to Ctl+Alt+Del to get out of the psremote software.

Any advise?

alexsiskahn
May 16th, 2010, 07:18 PM
what camera?

this issue is a known problem.
to solve it
close program
change usb cord to a different location
restart program

that should fix it temporarily,

it is just one of those issues that happens sporadically

forasong
May 24th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Found It!!! Not a bad cord, camera or anything like that. After trying all of that though I just decided to register as th 2nd computer on the 1st booth and wha-la!!! it works just fine. Maybe that should be listed as one of the things about a "trial version" along with the water marks.