PDA

View Full Version : BW mode printing in color?

AzSphinxx13
May 15th, 2010, 01:09 AM
We haven't used the photobooth in a few weeks, and have it set with the stealth swtich II. So one is f3 and the other f2. When you press F2 it will preview in Black and White, but the prints still come out in color?

I double checked, and in the settings, the "Print photos in B&W" is checked.

Not sure what happened, any suggestions?

AzSphinxx13
May 15th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Sorry, it was working fine before. We are still using the same set up, but when we did a trial run, this is what happened.

I also tried unconnecting the Stealth switches and just using the keyboard, and also doing right & left mouse click...all the BW modes print in color.

directsound
May 15th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Im having the same issue!

Jonny
May 15th, 2010, 10:49 AM
"I double checked, and in the settings, the "Print photos in B&W" is checked."

Shouldn't that be UN checked if you are using two buttons if you have "left click for color and right click for B&W" selected?

I'm using pretty much the same setup as far as the buttons go and I have "Print photos in B&W" unchecked.

directsound
May 15th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I did and had to go back to the older version as the new version seems to have a B&W issue wow what a pain being new to this I didnt have my settings set yet and it wiped out my becouse I forgot to save before I did the uninstall

DJ Mikey Mike

Chris Breeze
May 17th, 2010, 09:06 AM
We haven't used the photobooth in a few weeks, and have it set with the stealth swtich II. So one is f3 and the other f2. When you press F2 it will preview in Black and White, but the prints still come out in color?

I double checked, and in the settings, the "Print photos in B&W" is checked.

Not sure what happened, any suggestions?

Which software and what version are you using please?

When B&W mode is selected the images are still taken in color but are printed in B&W.

directsound
May 17th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I think it is 1.9.5.2
but I went back to 1.8 something. When I hit B&W release on my touch screen it changes to B&W and goes through the stepa all in B&W but prints in Color I tried checking Print in B&W and without it checked I tried just about every combo to get it to work but untill I went back to 1.8 is when the B&W started working again

thanks
DJ Mikey Mike

Chris Breeze
May 18th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Which software are you using please - DSLR Remote Pro, PSRemote or NKRemote?
There was a problem with the early versions of the software if the B&W or color buttons were pressed during printing but this was fixed a long time ago.

directsound
May 18th, 2010, 05:45 PM
DSLR Remote Pro - it was downloded from your site on Thursday

Chris Breeze
May 19th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I'm sorry I can't find a way to reproduce this on my system. Please can you describe the exact sequence of actions to make it take the sequence in B&W but print in color? Is the live view displayed in B&W for the whole sequence or does something cause it to switch to color half way through? If you use the save JPEG copy output option is the saved layout in B&W or color?

directsound
May 19th, 2010, 03:27 PM
It all looks fine When Im in color mode Live view shows color them I hit B&W the live goes to B&W the single previews show in B&W I cant remember if the Strip pic was in B&W or not Sorry but when it saves and prints in Color

Mike

directsound
May 21st, 2010, 03:45 PM
Any luck? with the B&W issue

Mike

Chris Breeze
May 24th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I've found the problem: the new custom layout option wasn't converting the images to B&W before printing. This has been fixed in DSLR Remote Pro for Windows v1.9.1 which was released today.

directsound
May 24th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks I knew there was something there

Great I will reinstall it today

directsound
June 2nd, 2010, 09:47 PM
I reinstalled it and it is working good thank you !

Mike