PDA

View Full Version : An Invalid Argument Was Encountered

jdorman
May 25th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Downloaded PS Remote 1.9. Am using a Canon G7. When I go to click full screen photo booth mode, it says "An Invalid Argument Was Encountered". Please help.

Thanks.

Jake

Strike A Pose Maui
May 25th, 2010, 09:10 PM
hi! i had the same problem, so i uninstalled that version and did the 1.8? version. and then the problem went away.

but now the problem that i'm having is that the camera is not synced with the 1,2,3 and taking images. the camera will take the photo while the 1st photo is being previewed.
have you ever encountered this issue??

jdorman
May 25th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Yea, I reinstalled 1.8.2 and it's working again. Maybe it's a bug with 1.9?

I'm not sure exactly what is going wrong with your images. But I will say that on some computers, I have to name each file with the extension (1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc.) and on other computers, I have to name the file without the extension (1, 2, etc.)

Qapla
May 25th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I had the same problem. I made sure when I re-installed 1.8, I told it to replace the new drivers with the older versions for the 1.8. I have had no problems with the regression and the error is gone.

Strike A Pose Maui
May 26th, 2010, 05:45 AM
jdorman... it was working fine up until now.. but what type of system are you running XP? vista?

Chris Breeze
May 26th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I have found the problem and will test the fix thoroughly before releasing an update later today. Sorry this appears to have been caused by a last minute change which wasn't tested properly.

Chris Breeze
May 26th, 2010, 03:30 PM
NKRemote v1.4.1 and PSRemote v1.9.1 are now available for download from http://www.breezesys.com/downloads.htm

These updates fix a problem that caused the error message "An Invalid Argument Was Encountered" to be displayed on some systems when selecting full screen photobooth mode.

PhotoJames
May 26th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I'm trying to update to PSRemote 1.9.1 and when I run the exe file I get a List index out of bounds (0) error message. Am I supposed to uninstall the old version first? Please Help! I purchased PSRemote less than three months ago and the version that I am using runs great. Awesome software Chris!

cirwin
May 26th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I'm on Windows 7 and I keep getting an "index out of bounds error."

inabooth
May 26th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I have the same problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm on Windows 7 and I keep getting an "index out of bounds error."

PhotoJames
May 27th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Well I guess I should have done a little reading before posting my request. It states in the pdf instructions that you are supposed to uninstall the old version first. I'll give it a go and let you know.

PhotoJames
May 27th, 2010, 04:46 AM
I have uninstalled the old version of PSRemote, restarted the computer, removed the Breeze folder and still get the "index out of bounds (0)" error message.

What gives here? My old version was just paid for a couple of months ago.

I'm running XP on an Aspire Revo.

H E L P!

I also downloaded the update again as the other had been downloaded on my Mac and then copied to the drive (which shouldn't affect anything). I pulled the computer out of my booth and hooked it directly to the internet.

Dannygonzales73
May 27th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Same issue "List index out of bounds (0)" :confused:

Chris Breeze
May 27th, 2010, 08:50 AM
It looks as though something went wrong when the setup file was uploaded to the website and the file was truncated. I've uploaded it again and it should work now.

Here is a direct link to the download:
http://www.breezesys.com/downloads/PSRemote191.exe

rikiboy
May 28th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Good for me, I'm not yet updating my NKRemote. Still monitoring the test of my fellow photobooth operators. :) Keep them coming. :)

PhotoJames
May 28th, 2010, 11:06 PM
I downloaded the new update and it installed and works just fine.

Thanks Chris.