PDA

View Full Version : Money Mode?

inabooth
May 26th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to have a "Money mode"?

PhotoJames
May 26th, 2010, 10:04 PM
If I were going to put it in a mall.

Chris Breeze
May 27th, 2010, 03:32 PM
If you interface a bill acceptor to the PC you could probably adapt the options screen AutoHotKey script (http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth6.htm#customization) to display a "Please insert some money" screen until it receives a signal from the bill acceptor.

lbaird
June 9th, 2010, 04:46 PM
What I need is a hotkey that does the insert money screen thing then allows the program (user selects B&W or Color button) then resets to insert money screen.

Chris Breeze
June 10th, 2010, 08:36 AM
That's effectively what the options screen AutoHotKey script (http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth6.htm#customization) does. You just need to modify it so that it detects when the correct money has been paid and then switches to the ready screen rather than in response to an input from the user.

lbaird
June 11th, 2010, 06:34 AM
I am working on it, I was being lazy and wanted someone to fill in the blanks it has been awhile. I have the bill accepter working and I just loaded your program, PS Remote and Auto Hotkey so I guess it's time to learn .

Thanks, Larry

lbaird
June 16th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I have this worked out and feel that with all the help that everyone is passing around on this board I should help also. I will post the information later tonight when I have time to write it up. I am having a problem with my camera and need to get a new one but waiting for information about dlsr remote.

Larry

alexsiskahn
June 17th, 2010, 12:44 AM
I've been trying to get this figgured out for years, would love to hear about your solution.

lbaird
June 17th, 2010, 01:28 AM
I did get your email and rather then make someone pay for something this simple I'll tell what I did. Chris said it in the above post.

I used a Stelthswitch II and programed one of the switchs to the Esc key for the pulse (the pulse is a 150ms close signal from the bill accepter) I also programed one for a hidden button to bypass the accepter, one for B&W and one for color. I then modified the options screen AutoHotKey script as Chris said above.

Works great and resets everytime.

Now all I need is to get Chris to fix my program problem.

Larry

alexsiskahn
June 17th, 2010, 03:18 AM
what bill acceptor are you using? do you mind sharing the code?

lbaird
June 17th, 2010, 04:13 AM
The bill accepter I used is a BA30B/BA32B

You can start with this, If you can't change it to fit let me know.

set this to 1 to hide the cursor when the options screen is displayed
HideCursor = 0

; define the options screen
Gui, Color, 0
Gui, -Caption -Border +AlwaysOnTop
Gui, Font, s200, Arial
Gui, Add, Text,Insert $1.00
Gui, Font, norm

; loop forever monitoring the status of the photobooth screen
Ready = 0 ; 0 tells script to display options screen if ready.jpg screen is displayed
Loop
{
IfWinExist, Breeze Systems Photobooth
{
WinGetTitle, Title, Breeze Systems Photobooth
if Title contains ready.jpg
{
if Ready = 0
{
Ready = 1
ShowOverlayWindow()
}
}
else if Title contains processing.jpg
{
Ready = 0 ; start looking for ready.jpg screen
}
}
else
{
Ready = 0
}
Sleep 100 ; sleep for 1/10th sec to avoid hogging the processor
}
Return

GuiEscape:
HideOverlayWindow(0)
return

; Ctlr+Q shows the options screen if ready.jpg is being displayed
^q::
Ready = 0
return

; Hide the options screen
StartClicked:
HideOverlayWindow(0)
return
WinActivate, Breeze Systems Photobooth
Send +^1
HideOverlayWindow(250) ; give the photobooth time to switch profiles before hiding the options screen
return
Send +^2
HideOverlayWindow(250) ; give the photobooth time to switch profiles before hiding the options screen
return

; show the overlay window and optionally hide the mouse cursor
ShowOverlayWindow()
{
global HideCursor
Gui, Show, Maximize
if HideCursor > 0
{
Run, nomousy.exe /hide
}
}

; hide the overlay window with optional delay
HideOverlayWindow(delay)
{
global HideCursor
WinActivate, Breeze Systems Photobooth
if delay > 0
{
Sleep delay
}
Gui, Hide
if HideCursor > 0
{
Run, nomousy.exe
}
}

alexsiskahn
June 17th, 2010, 04:46 AM
thanks what happens when someone puts a $5 bill in? does the bill acceptor send five pulses for five sequential phtoobooth sessions?

alexsiskahn
June 17th, 2010, 04:49 AM
also what wires specifically on the bill acceptor output the pulse? I can't even figgure out how to power the thing up? did you buy an ac adapter or what? :)

lbaird
June 17th, 2010, 05:53 AM
On the 4 pin plug do not use the brown wire, connect the black and and the blue together with one side of 110 volt and the white wire to the other side of the 110 volt. You need a plug.

you should have only two wires on the 6 pin, black and white these are the wires for the switch .

alexsiskahn
June 17th, 2010, 02:43 PM
thanks I'll have to give that a try!

lbaird
June 17th, 2010, 02:47 PM
thanks what happens when someone puts a $5 bill in? does the bill acceptor send five pulses for five sequential phtoobooth sessions?

It is mailed direct to me:D It will give it back because it does not read the new bills. ones have not changed.

alexsiskahn
June 22nd, 2010, 06:02 PM
some one needs to write a script that accumulates the switch being tripped,. that way we could set the price to $3 or any number we want to.

obtphoto
June 22nd, 2010, 07:08 PM

You can program the acceptor to reject $5 bills. I saw this on the web. Maybe it will help.

http://www.vendorsrepair.com/PDF_Files/CA_BA30B.pdf

lbaird
June 23rd, 2010, 02:06 AM
I used the old style and it gives back all but $1.00 bills because it can not read the newer bills and the ones have not changed.

Altamont
June 28th, 2010, 07:21 PM
On the 4 pin plug do not use the brown wire, connect the black and and the blue together with one side of 110 volt and the white wire to the other side of the 110 volt. You need a plug.

you should have only two wires on the 6 pin, black and white these are the wires for the switch .

Sorry for my ignorance but, how do i send the pulse to the computer? Thru USB?

Thank you.
zak

lbaird
June 28th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Sorry for my ignorance but, how do i send the pulse to the computer? Thru USB?

Thank you.
zak

The pulse is just an open close switch, I used a stelth switchII

Altamont
June 28th, 2010, 11:42 PM
The pulse is just an open close switch, I used a stelth switchII

Ok, I am using a stealth switch II as the button to take the photos in the booth now, we just are not charging for them. Do I need another switch?

If you have time, you could email me directly @ [email protected]

Thank you!
zak

lbaird
June 29th, 2010, 02:22 AM
If you have an open plug on the switch use it, when a dollar goes in the switch will close and tell it whatever you want, "goto ready screen".