PDA

View Full Version : HELP, My footer doesnt fit!

mavcsuf07
June 8th, 2010, 07:30 AM
For whatever reason my footer is not showing up complete, what am i doing wrong? Everything shows , top, sides ,text, but the problem is the bottom. I have resized the height but all it does is show everything taller except showing the bottom.

thanks for your time,
noobie :(

Chris Breeze
June 8th, 2010, 07:53 AM
What's probably happening is the printer is printing a larger area than the page size to ensure that you get borderless prints and the bottom of the footer is being printed off the page. Please try increasing the height of the footer and putting the bit you want printed at the top, leaving the bottom part blank.

You may find it easier to use the custom layout option to position the images manually and then use a background image for the header and footer. There are some worked examples of different layouts here:
http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth4.htm

snapshot
June 8th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Chris is of course correct. You probably are losing a bit on the sides as well, it just isn't as noticeable.

I design all my footers with a tiny bit extra on the bottom and sides to account for the small amount of cropping the printer will perform to ensure a borderless print.