PDA

View Full Version : count down

picturethis
June 21st, 2010, 07:36 PM
I have been using PSRemote and lately have been trying to add some text below the countdown, but have not been successful. They are all in the same folder and saved the same way as processing, taking and ready. I just added some text below the numbers in my folder, so that it would show below the countdown, but haven't been able to do it. So what am I doing wrong. I also have it at the right resolution to my monitor and figured it out to be below the count down.

alexsiskahn
June 21st, 2010, 09:31 PM
you probably didn't save the files as jpegs.
you probably made a simple mistake and saved them as psd files instead.

picturethis
June 22nd, 2010, 01:44 AM
I checked they are all jpeg.

Geoffrey Page
June 22nd, 2010, 01:59 AM
If I understand you correctly, when the countdown is displayed, it shows the other jpegs (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) which correspond to the number of photos being taken. Write your text on those, below the countdown. That should fix it.

picturethis
June 22nd, 2010, 02:32 AM
No, thats not it. My text isn't showing up at all. The count down in the settings dialogue box is all that is showing, and processing, ready and taking, but not my text under my numbers.

picturethis
June 22nd, 2010, 05:30 AM
OK, I did a few changes, I changed the colors of the files to make them bright to see If I could see the text on them, and no I can't. They are all jpeg and are saved the same exact way that ready, taken, processing are, and in the same folder. I have just the countdown in the box in the settings dialogue box, I am wondering if I should put, 1, 2, 3, 4, in the box, which wouldn't make sense because it would say all of that before each and every picture shot. So my next question is why is my text not showing up, but the files are because of the colors. So I would think the next possible scenario would be that the text must be cut off because of the monitor size verses the file size, but they are exact. So I know that the files or screens or what ever they are called are showing up but not the text. I guess I am getting a little frustrated.
Help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Chris Breeze
June 22nd, 2010, 08:06 AM
Please check the screen images are being saved in the correct folder. This should be the same folder as the the "Folder containing header, footer and background images" in the photobooth settings dialog.

Next check that the screen images are saved as JPEGs with the correct filenames. The screen for the countdown for the first shot should be named 1.JPG

Windows has a nasty trap for the unwary: the default setting for Windows Explorer is to hide the file extensions for known file types. This means that the file 1.JPG appears as 1. If you rename it to 1.JPG it will display the filename as 1.JPG but the actual filename is 1.JPG.JPG (which won't be recognised by PSRemote). If the other files in the photobooth images folder appear as 1, 2, 3, 4, ready, taking, processing etc. then Windows Explorer is set to hide the file extensions of known file types.

picturethis
June 22nd, 2010, 09:00 AM
I named it 1 in photoshop, photoshop has a drop downbox that has png, jpeg, psd, etc. I clicked on the jpeg on all of them and transferred it to the right folder that I am using for footer, header, background, ready, processing, etc.
The problem is this: I created 4 new screen images, 1, 2, 3, 4 all of them a different color. Right before the sequence starts, ready is showing, then I push the button and it changes to one of the new colors that I had just created and when I look I see the countdown only and no text. So the new screen image is there but no text, and it is exactly the same size as the monitor. So why would the new screen image show up but not with the text on it.

picturethis
June 22nd, 2010, 04:02 PM
I redid everything again, probably for the fourth time, I am wondering if it is the laptop, because everything is working now. I see the text, I didn't change the size, or the way I saved it or a different folder. I just hope that this was the glitch and it doesn't give me any problems on Friday, thanks for your help, I clearly don't understand what happened.