PDA

View Full Version : All done!! Your photos will be ready outside

harryg
June 23rd, 2010, 09:16 PM
Hi,
After the 4-photo sequence is taken, the message, "All done! your pictures will be ready...." seems to stay on the screen for almost 30 seconds before the "ready" screen re-appears. :(

I have the Acer Revo, 1 GB RAM, and running the PS SX100 IS. I have AF locked. Nothing else is running. The OS is Win XP. I have the software set to save only for now. No printer is hooked up or installed since I'm still testing PSRemote before actually installing it into a 2nd booth.

What could be causing the long delay before the software is ready for the next guest? :confused:

thank you

alexsiskahn
June 24th, 2010, 01:24 AM
you have it set to large quality
you have it set to jpeg only output and it can't find a printer to create output file.

harryg
June 24th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Hey Alex!!
You are right on both counts. What do you suggest would be a decent quality setting? I'll be using the dr150 printer.

snapshot
June 24th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Since you don't have a printer installed, it was probably formatting the prints to 8.5x11 size for the MS Document Writer, resulting in pretty big files. I would go ahead and install the printer you will be using. That way, it will format the final strip how it will actually be, and thereby showing how long it will really take.

As far as the quality, that will be up to you. Just take a few at different size/quality settings and see which one gets it down to where the formatting time is acceptable.

harryg
June 24th, 2010, 03:21 AM
That makes perfect sense snapshot. I'll give it a try and post an update.

asyang
September 17th, 2011, 03:37 PM
That makes perfect sense snapshot. I'll give it a try and post an update.

any update harry? i am currently having the same problems here. :)

harryg
September 17th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Yes. That fixed the problem.