PDA

View Full Version : Several Downloader Pro Problems

elbud
April 7th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Win XP SP2,; DL Pro ver 1.62

:confused:

1 - Every time I download files from my 20D it gives message at bottom that there are error files that require attention. In fact, all the files are fine so I don't know what the message means. I just ignore it.

2 - I have "prompt for job code" enabled but it never actually prompts me before downloading.

3 - I have automation enabled but it never finishes correctly by opening BB Pro after it finishes downloading even though this is enabled. Also it doesn't automatically delete files from the card even though I have this feature enabled.

Chris Breeze
April 11th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Please right click on one of the files and select "Download Status" for more information about why the file is a "problem file". The usual cause for this is setting the camera to reset the image numbers each time a CF card is entered (instead of using continuous numbering) and then getting duplicate filenames from previous downloads.

Downloader Pro will only prompt for the job code if %J is used in the filename, download path or IPTC data.

The automation is disabled if there are any errors downloading images. It should work fine once you've sorted out the problem files.

elbud
April 11th, 2005, 06:37 PM
You answered all the questions and I've solved most of them, but I still get the error message for the jpg's (not the RAW files as I produce both files types in-camera). I assume DL Pro has apparently found other files with the same name as the jpegs though I can't find them. Perhaps it sees the RAW files with the same file number as the jpegs and thinks they are duplicates.

I already have the 20D set to continuous file numbering, so how can I get DL Pro to stop giving error message and restore the automation?

Chris Breeze
April 12th, 2005, 10:02 AM
What's the error message? It should be relatively simple to work out what's happening from the status display in the main window and the download status dislpay by right clicking on the image in question.
DLPro checks the full pathname of the downloaded file and shouldn't have problems if you're downloading a JPEG with the same name as a previously downloaded raw file.

elbud
April 12th, 2005, 02:39 PM
By right-clicking on the jpg it says it is a duplicate file with a different file size. That's all it says. But I have no other jpegs with the same filename - at least for sure not in the same folder. This is a new 20D, of course there may be files somewhere on the hard disc from the old Digital Rebel with the same filename.

What exactly DL Pro is finding or where I have no idea. :rolleyes: :cool: :o

Chris Breeze
April 13th, 2005, 10:32 AM
DLPro will only display that status is there is a file of the same name already in the download directory - i.e. the same name as displayed in the "Download path" in the main window. Please can you double check this?

elbud
April 13th, 2005, 02:15 PM
:eek:
Yes, I checked. The only files in the folder in question are the jpegs and RAW files from the current download. Of course the RAW and jpegs have the same file name with the only difference being the extensions.

I changed the settings in my camera to take only RAW files (no jpeg) and when I do that, there is no problem.

Chris Breeze
April 14th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Are you modifying the JPEGs in anyway? e.g. using DLPro's auto-rotate feature or the JPEG auto profile plug-in. If you are using the JPEG auto profile plug-in to embed a profile in the image as it is downloaded you need to disable the file size check in the main preferences as the size of the downloaded file will be different from the original file on the CF card.

janrif
April 25th, 2005, 11:36 PM
I can report the exact same set of circumstances in my short experience with Download Pro. Working on a w2k machine, using a USB card reader with pix from a 1D Mark II -- not that any of that should make any difference.

--
janrif
Ridgefield, CT USA