PDA

View Full Version : Live view, Cannon EOS450 xsi & auto focus

kaber
July 12th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Can someone please help me with the following:

-Tell me how to turn on and use "auto focus" with live view using a Cannon EOS 450 xsi? I thought I had it working once then it quit.

-What's are the best camera settings to use shutter speed, file size etc. for photobooth operations. I am using fixed flourescent lighting.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

alexsiskahn
July 12th, 2010, 01:17 PM
sorry but you should use manual focus, it is more relable. use tape to keep lens focus ring from moving

sspbooth
August 6th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Yikes! Is manual focus really the only option? My guests often get close up to the camera and do all sorts of things in the booth. It would be a serious hassle to have to focus the camera manually every time.

Please advise if this is the only way to focus; I know that you can do live view focusing when not in full screen photobooth mode and it is rather slow but something is better than nothing.

sspbooth
August 6th, 2010, 04:29 PM
After adjusting my aperture I get good results with focus now..though I'm still not sure why my camera isn't auto focusing during full screen shooting. I must have something set wrong.

alexsiskahn
August 7th, 2010, 06:17 PM
do what ever works for you, IMHO, manual focus, a small aperture and a bright strobe are the way to go.
you do NOT need to manually focus after ever shot. read up on
depth of field at
wikipedia.com