PDA

View Full Version : nkremote beta booth question/problem

solock
July 19th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Just did an outing with our new photobooth, Camera is a Nikon D5000 and running NKremote Beta. Not operation in green screen mode, but thats the reason this booth was done with a DSLR. Printing to a HiTi P510S. Power for camera is Nikon AC supply, Flash is a AlienBee B400.

If the booth was idle for a few minutes, the live view appears to "wink". Like a sleep more or something only for a second or two.

The next customer goes into the booth after this event happens and the audio lags behind for shot one. Shots 2,3 & 4 are fine and it runs fine till it isnt used for a while.

I will check the camera for power saving functions etc, but has anyone else observed this?

Maybe a beta issue??

Any suggestions are appreciated

alexsiskahn
October 10th, 2010, 07:13 PM
did you ever figure this out?

smilelounge
October 14th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Having the same issues - using D5000 and AlienBee flash also. I'm not running audio, so not a problem there, but the "wink" does throw off the guests setting up in the booth.

I'm also noticing my countdown gets "stuck", I have a 6-sec countdown between shots and after a "wink", the first shot countdown sticks at 5 for a bit then quickly goes to 321...

None of this affects the actual taking of the photo or how they print, but it can be confusing.

Chris Breeze
October 14th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by a "wink". I have noticed that there is a bug in the Nikon D90 live view which results in it sending white live view images for the first few frames after live view is selected (this is a bug in the camera not NKRemote). This results in a brief flash of white in the live view display after taking each picture. In the next release I'll add a workaround which will automatically discard the spurious white live view frames.

rsh78ph
October 15th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Chris,

I observed in the new releases that the countdown timer gets stuck onscreen, both on nkremote and dslr remote. The "Taking photo 4 of 4 in 5 secs" is seen for a period of time and the new counter is just displayed over the stuck prev. count down.

Never happened to me on prev. version.

Thanks.

Chris Breeze
October 15th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I think I know what might be causing this, but I haven't seen it happen on my system. Please could you send me a copy of your settings and photobooth images folder so that I can try to reproduce it on my system? Please email these to [email protected]