PDA

View Full Version : Enter Number of Prints Before "Arming" Booth

TaylorAdair
July 23rd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know of an easy way to require manual entry of the number of desired prints before the booth will start a sequence?

inabooth
July 23rd, 2010, 03:52 PM
Use the built in profiles.

Make all profiles the same except the number of prints.

Profile 1 = select screen, no start button, different ready.jpg

Profile 2 = 1 print

Profile 3 = 2 prints

Profile 4 = 3 prints

Profile 5 = 4 prints

Profile 6 = 5 prints

You do have to have a touchscreen for this to work

TaylorAdair
July 24th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Thanks, inabooth. I'd be happy to put in a touch screen if it solved this problem. But is there a way to just type in the number of prints either using the touch screen or a keyboard? We sometimes need up to 15 prints (it can be a big booth).

alexsiskahn
July 25th, 2010, 12:00 AM
you write an autohokey script, takes around 30 minutes if you know basic programming. or pay someone $1o0 and they will do it.

PhotoJames
July 25th, 2010, 01:12 AM
You could do like inabooth said and then add another button to reprint last set. I'm not sure if it would work, maybe Chris could chime in on this one. If it did and you needed to print 15 you would just have them select the profile that prints 5 and hit the reprint button three times. It's a bit of a work around and there is a bit of math. Just another option.

inabooth
July 25th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I also keep a little keep a little keyboard with me at all times, if you hit 5, it sets the number of prints to 5. This only works 1-9, but r will do reprints. If you need 15, after they are done and get one strip, hit 7, r, r, 1(to set it back to 1 for the next person) You have to do all of this before the next person hits start.

TaylorAdair
July 26th, 2010, 02:56 AM
alexiskahn, thanks. I will check out autohotkey which certainly looks at first glance to be a very useful tool.

Thanks, inabooth. I did not realize that I could use ctrl-# to set the number of prints in a crtl-r reprint. That alone will save me some paper and time in the short run! But, as you say, this all has to be done before a guest hits Start which has been a challenge.

My experience is very limited, but from what I've seen so far the cleanest solution would be a mode where the booth operator is queried either before of after each sequence to enter the number of prints required and where the Start operation is locked out during the query.

While I'm wishing, I also wish there was not such a low limit on the number of prints. How about 99 instead of 9?

Overall, I am happy with the software and BreezeSys has been a genuine pleasure to deal with. Just my 2 cents.

Chris Breeze
August 24th, 2010, 01:27 PM
The main reason the maximum number of prints is set to 9 is because the number of prints can be selected by typing Ctrl+1 through Ctrl+9 (plus the fact that 9 seemed more than anybody was ever likely to need).
One option might be to only have direct keyboard shortcuts for 1 to 9 copies but to allow the + key to select more.

TaylorAdair
September 6th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks for your reply, Chris. How about this:

"Basic Wish": Define the "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys to increment and decrement the print count by one AND when this happens, briefly display the new count (in a box visible from a few feet away). With this, I could use a standard 3-button wireless presentation remote to change the print count and start the sequence.

"Silver Package Wish": Basic Wish plus allow (through registry keys or whatever) the operator to define the key mapping.

"Gold Package Wish" Silver Package Wish plus allow operator to define position, size, color, and duration of the new print count display.

As always, thanks for your consideration.

Best,

Taylor

Chris Breeze
September 7th, 2010, 07:30 AM
You can use the numberpad + and - keys to increase or decrease the number of prints. When the number of prints is changed a small status message is displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen for a few seconds.

PageUp and PageDown are already assigned a function: to increase or decrease the exposure. You could write a simple AutoHotKey script to remap PageUp and PageDown so that they send numberpad + and - to adjust the number of prints.

TaylorAdair
September 7th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks, Chris.

I did not realize that I could already select up to 20 prints using the numberpad. That should be enough for now (though we have had 18 people in our booth). AutoHotKey should handle the rest.