PDA

View Full Version : Live view to wide

Rich
July 26th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Finished our second booth a few months ago both have Canon Rebel cameras, same printers only difference is the computer and monitor resolution.

Anyway, I can't decrease the live view sufficiently in width to only include the capture area of the shot. This is only a problem with the new booth.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

Rich
July 28th, 2010, 09:53 PM
No one else has had this problem?

alexsiskahn
July 29th, 2010, 02:00 AM
why not just change the layout so that the WHOLE picture is shown?

Chris Breeze
August 24th, 2010, 01:11 PM
You can adjust the cropping of the live view images by holding down the shift key and then using the cursor left/right keys.

Rich
August 25th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Chris,

Sorry to bombard you with questions when you've just gotten back from holiday. Hope you had a nice time?

I've already done that and still can't get live view small enough, with the live view at 100 it's still cropping 2" on either side at 3" from the lens. This is with a "middle" banner. Same size banners as used in booth 1, same settings in software,different versions though,older version in booth #1, same camera, same printer, different external monitor & laptop computer.

FYI this only a problem with the booth #2. Booth #1 works fine.

Booth #2 Computer Acer Aspire 5517 screen res. 1366 x 768
Booth #2 Monitor HP w1858 screen res. 1366 x 768

Booth #1 Computer Toshiba L300 screen res. WXGA 1280x800 screen
Booth #2 Monitor HP with 1440 x 900 screen Res

Chris Breeze
August 26th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean. Are you having problems with the live view display or the print layout? Adjusting the live view cropping will have no effect on the printed output, it only affects what the user sees.

Rich
August 26th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Live view works just fine but the width of the live view is still to wide even at 100. So the people sit in the booth, get their faces in the live view, when the picture comes out it will be cropped and part of their face will be missing even though they had the complete face in the live view shot (at the narrowest setting of 100)

Not a problem with the first both I built, only a problem with the second. The last email just listed the differences in the two booths for reference.

All the photos, booth 1&2, use a middle banner of equal size.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean. Are you having problems with the live view display or the print layout? Adjusting the live view cropping will have no effect on the printed output, it only affects what the user sees.

Chris Breeze
August 27th, 2010, 10:07 AM
The screen resolution has no effect on the final output. Please check that the two booths are using identical printers with identical page settings. If the printers are different you may need to adjust the layout to fit.