PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Switch II

stillmation
August 20th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Hi guys,
I'm using a Stealth II as an interface for 4 aditional buttons, All is well, everything works but I'm wondering if there is any way of using combining 2 button presses to create extra functions.
I've already set up a couple of buttons with the macro option, for e.g. Ctrl + R for reprint.

I've been reading the docs and I'm not quite clear on the options open to the button programming.

Anyone experimented further with the Stealth options?

Cheers, Rob.

alexsiskahn
August 21st, 2010, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty sure it can't be done and even if it was possible you'd likely confuse people wtih such an option. Besides how would they press two buttons at exactly the same time?

stillmation
August 22nd, 2010, 12:13 AM
I'm pretty sure it can't be done and even if it was possible you'd likely confuse people wtih such an option. Besides how would they press two buttons at exactly the same time?

It wasn't for customer use. More for me or the operator though.
Like one button being held in as a ''shift'' or ''ctrl'' and the other being pressed.
Rather like a keypress combination like we often see on PC's.

Qapla
August 22nd, 2010, 04:26 AM
The possibilities are limited only by your imagination. If a program can be controlled with keystrokes or hotkeys, it will work with the StealthSwitch II. Configuration is fast and easy.

http://www.stealthswitch2.com/what-is-the-stealthswitch-ii/

Evidently the switch is capable of this action. You just need to program one of the buttons to be a keypress and the others to what you need to do the various combination presses.

Now, can you use two Stealth Switch II's at the same time ... that is another question.

However, the makers of the Stealth Switch also make another devise called the Stealth Switch AT. Though this device does not have any buttons of it's own, it can use the same switches as the SWII. They have 2 models. One can have 5 switches, the other 10.

Products
StealthSwitch At-5 and StealthSwitch AT-10

StealthSwitch AT-5
■Configuration Software for PC and Mac OSX
■Support for 5 or 10 Industry standard 1/8” (3.5mm) mini plugs
■Easy intuitive configuration
■Includes RoboCon for automatic per application configuration
■Once programmed, no software is required
■All settings stored in switch interface
■Supports keystrokes, mouse clicks, macros, hotkeys, drag lock
■Words with virtually any MAC or PC software that supports mouse or keystroke
control
■Shift mode effectively doubles the number of switches
■Ability to save an unlimited number of configurations
■Easily move from computer to computer without software

StealthSwitch AT-5
The StealthSwitch AT-5 supports up to 5 industry standard 1/8" (3.5mm) assistive technology switches. Easy to use Configurator program for Windows XP, Vista and MAC OSX. Send keystrokes, mouse clicks, double clicks, drag lock, hotkeys, or macros.

StealthSwitch AT-10
The StealthSwitch AT-10 supports up to 10 industry standard 1/8" (3.5mm) assistive technology switches. Easy to use Configurator program for Windows XP, Vista and MAC OSX. Send keystrokes, mouse clicks, double clicks, drag lock, hotkeys, or macros.

http://www.stealthswitchat.com/products/

Might be good for you to take a look. If you do try it and it works, please post results and pics.

stillmation
August 22nd, 2010, 06:39 AM
This AT version does look very interesting. Going to read a little about that.

I've been reading the docs and info too and this shift mode looks interesting. Effectively doubling the number of switches.
I'm going to have a look later to see if I can impliment anything worthwhile with the setup I have right now.

Thanks for taking the effort and finding this alternative interface.

stillmation
August 22nd, 2010, 04:30 PM
Ok, here's the score. I've been playing with the setup of my SSII.

My original idea actually works. I have the basic button layout for clients to use.
On the dashboard of TheSnapBox I have... Zoom in - Zoom out - Start sequence.
Then I have an additional button, round the back of the base unit for operator use. This is programmed as Ctrl-R, reprint last sequence. very handy as a lot of people ask for a duplicate.

Further..

I have now programmed my operator button (the CTRL-R button) to be used as the 'shift' key when used in combination with other buttons.
Calling it a 'shift' key is actually a little confusing, because it's not actually the shift we would expect, rather it simply tells the SSII to wait for another key press.

So far I've programmed the extended, or operator button functions, as follows.

Shift + Start sequence button = CTRL F4
Shift + Zoom in = increase print copies
Shift + Zoom out = decrease print copies

Why the CTRL F4? When my unit powers up, PSremote runs automatically as Windows boots. I just have to hit the Shift + Start sequence button to enter full screen photobooth mode.