PDA

View Full Version : Camera/Monitor Mounting

fortinaa
August 30th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I'm in the process of having a photobooth built right now, and am just curious to see some options that people are using for mounting the camera and monitor. It's hard to test without having the unit ready yet, but I'll be in a time crunch when it gets finished. I'm thinking that the camera and monitor will have to be in very close proximity, with the camera above the monitor. The monitor will be resting on an adjustable shelf. I'll be using a Canon SLR, which I think will be too heavy to clamp to the monitor directly... So, what is everyone else using as a solution? Photos/descriptions would be great.

Sharpie
August 30th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I'm in the process of having a photobooth built right now, and am just curious to see some options that people are using for mounting the camera and monitor. It's hard to test without having the unit ready yet, but I'll be in a time crunch when it gets finished. I'm thinking that the camera and monitor will have to be in very close proximity, with the camera above the monitor. The monitor will be resting on an adjustable shelf. I'll be using a Canon SLR, which I think will be too heavy to clamp to the monitor directly... So, what is everyone else using as a solution? Photos/descriptions would be great.

I used an 'L' shaped metal bracket found in hardware stores, heavy duty kind. I attached this to a piece of MDF that I cut to as a custom back plate for the monitor. crude but effective. I did this because I couldn't find a flat screen mount available that fitted the layout of the booth. There are loads of these available and depending on how you've made the booth one might fit.

As for camera - coleman "hide" monopod style clamp - this gives my vertical movement of the camera to adjust for different heights if needed!

fortinaa
August 30th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the input.

I gather you just attached the mdf to the mounts on the back of the monitor, then screwed the L Bracket into the MDF. Then, did you just drill/mount a 1/4-20 to mount the camera on?

I am not familiar with the Coleman "hide" monopod clamp.... any links? I was hoping to put an inexpensive head in there, but wanted something with height adjust too.

Sharpie
September 6th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the input.

I gather you just attached the mdf to the mounts on the back of the monitor, then screwed the L Bracket into the MDF. Then, did you just drill/mount a 1/4-20 to mount the camera on?

I am not familiar with the Coleman "hide" monopod clamp.... any links? I was hoping to put an inexpensive head in there, but wanted something with height adjust too.

My apologies - mispelt cullman as coleman here is the link

http://www.morrisphoto.co.uk/ProductDetails~productID~6050~categoryid~164.html

fortinaa
September 6th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks Sharpie for the link. I wasn't aware such a device existed, but it is what I am looking for. I will have to search for other items like it here in the US and see what will fit the configuration of our booth.

smilelounge
September 14th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Please post here if you find a US connection. I've also been looking at CCTV mounts.

PhotoJames
September 18th, 2010, 04:18 AM
I found the same clamp at B&H for around $70 and I found something even better for $9. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/137237-REG/High_Sierra_Clampette_Camera_Clamp.html

smilelounge
September 21st, 2010, 07:23 AM
Hey James, can't tell if that does both horizontal & vertical views?

PhotoJames
September 23rd, 2010, 05:56 AM
Hey James, can't tell if that does both horizontal & vertical views?

Hey Lisa, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Are you asking if the head will allow for a 90 degree tilt? It looks like the knob near the top controls the angle of the tilt. Heck for $9 I think it's worth ordering.