PDA

View Full Version : What I want for Christmas

MrMyckster
April 8th, 2005, 04:13 AM
I often shoot large events. (concerts) with many bands and sometimes I accumulate a large amount of files.

Often times on site I will download them to my laptop that has a cd burner but not a dvd burner.

I do have a dvd burner on my home machine that this would be a nice feature as well.

What I would like to be able to do is download the files and have a new directory started based on capacity.

Lets say at 650 mb for a cd or 4.25 mb for a dvd. That way I dont have to sort them out before burning them. I could just select that folder and burn it.

Then I would really feel safe clearing the cards and re using them. I have an image tank but the reliability factor on that is scary.

Maybe this already can be done and if it can and I didnt see it in the documentation I will say I am sorry now and get it over with.

Thank You

Mick

Chris Breeze
April 11th, 2005, 01:31 PM
It's something I have been thinking about. Unfortunately it is very tricky to do this and still have DLPro keep track of whether an image has already been downloaded.

MrMyckster
April 12th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Ok how about a second operation that you could select folders and have them divided into seperate folders such as project1-1 for project number and folder number-1 and number-2 or some other scheme.
that way after i proof them if I have to resize them for a disk i can do that as well?
Either that or is there a burning program that will span a large folder on to two disks?
I am using nero and it tells me that I have to put in a larger capacity disk.
is there a switch that I need to change to allow nero to span more than one disk?
(i am just throwing out ideas, thinking outside the box, "more than one way to skin a cat type thing")

Michael

Chris Breeze
April 14th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Most backup packages should be able to backup to CD/DVD and span disks. It might be the simplest solution.

martinlooker
April 14th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Don't know if Chris is happy for me to list other products, I guess he can always delete this post if not.

I've been trialling a product specifically for this it works well. The trial will only burn the first disc of a dataset that needs to be spanned, but they suggest using the trial to check your hardware works correctly with thier software.

I'm not affiliated with this firm.

Address follows:

http://www.pictureflow.com/products/archive_creator/index.html