PDA

View Full Version : Webcam Photobooth v1.0 beta 2

Chris Breeze
December 7th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Webcam Photobooth v1.0 beta 2 is now available for download.

For more info please visit:
http://www.breezesys.com/Webcam/index.htm

inabooth
December 7th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I just installed in evaluation mode and it sees my webcam, but gives me an error when trying to connect. I used a different program to open the webcam just to be sure it was working and it did work.

ulyrn
December 8th, 2010, 04:50 AM
i tried two cameras, 1 built in 1 logitech, i see live view but the command keys not working

Chris Breeze
December 8th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I just installed in evaluation mode and it sees my webcam, but gives me an error when trying to connect. I used a different program to open the webcam just to be sure it was working and it did work.

What webcam are you using? I've tested it with about a dozen different webcams, some built in to laptops and some external USB webcams and so far every one I've tried works. Cheap USB webcams and the webcams built in to laptops generally produce very poor results. The Microsoft LifeCam Cinema works well on my system and has autofocus and a good wide angle of view.

Chris Breeze
December 8th, 2010, 08:10 AM
i tried two cameras, 1 built in 1 logitech, i see live view but the command keys not working

Sorry, it looks as though somehow the keyboard shortcut to start the shooting sequence got broken in the final build. I'll look into it and try to release a fix later today.

Chris Breeze
December 8th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I've fixed the problem and released Webcam Photobooth v1.0 beta 3:
http://www.breezesys.com/downloads.htm#webcam

inabooth
December 8th, 2010, 04:56 PM
It is the built in webcam on my MSI AE2010, it says "BisonCam, NB Pro" as the description when selecting what camera to connect to.

I have a couple more of these PC's in the basement, I will get another out and test it on that one either tonight or tomorrow. I also have a Microsoft LifeCam HD-6000 that I bought for my Mother-in-Law for Chistmas that I can get out and try.

ulyrn
December 8th, 2010, 05:27 PM
thanks for the fix.......is the microsoft HD the best webcam for this software?

inabooth
December 9th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Upgraded to Beta 3, no change. I will try the PC in my booth tomorrow while I have it out and let you know.

SleeperTech
December 9th, 2010, 05:01 AM
appears to work great but very stripped out compared to that spark product that cost only about $60 and i think that is a one time fee with updates for life not a year to year deal, so my only concern is your pricepoint. Truth be told the spark support blows though so i will probably pony up. :p

inabooth
December 10th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Didn't work on the computer from my booth either, same model as the one on my desk. I installed ManyCam(a program that takes the feed from your webcam and rebraodcasts it to multiple programs at the same time) and it did work. So, if anyone is having problems with the program not connecting to thier webcam, try ManyCam.

inabooth
December 10th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Even with the Microsoft LifeCam HD-6000 & ample lighting, the image quality sucks. Any motion what so ever gives a blurred photo and the final prinout is pixelated. I wouldn't even want to use this backup. Maybe when I build a booth to leave at a bar, but even then I can use a cheap PS with better results.

SleeperTech
December 11th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Even with the Microsoft LifeCam HD-6000 & ample lighting, the image quality sucks. Any motion what so ever gives a blurred photo and the final prinout is pixelated. I wouldn't even want to use this backup. Maybe when I build a booth to leave at a bar, but even then I can use a cheap PS with better results.

thats because reguardless of the cam used the PB software is only doing 640x480 snaps so you may as well use a cheap logitech cam, hopefully this bug gets fixed soon!

inabooth
December 11th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I can set my powershot to 640x480 and the pictures are grainy, but they still are not blurry.

alexsiskahn
December 11th, 2010, 06:22 PM
640x480 is 0.3 megapixels which is plenty of resolution for a small 2x1.5" photo.
I was really hoping that it wouldn't give blurry photos, maybe try the logitech web cam which supposedly doesn't have this issue? the side by side comparison videos on the logitech web site look promising at least.

ulyrn
December 11th, 2010, 08:36 PM
i was so amused that i have to shell out $80 for the webcam...image no good.

alexsiskahn
December 11th, 2010, 10:29 PM
which web cam did you use? anyone try with a mini DV camcorder yet?

ulyrn
December 12th, 2010, 03:56 AM
microsoft lifecam cinema h5D 0001

harryg
December 25th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Webcams need decent lighting.