PDA

View Full Version : Photo Booth settings

Smitty
January 14th, 2011, 04:54 AM
I'm having a problem using photo booth images. In the block space under
*Folder containing header. . .etc.* what do I type in the space so I can make use of the images ? I go to local disc(C:)/ program files/photo booth images and I can
see the various folders. After typing a line in the space and go to
*Full Screen Photo Booth Mode* , I get an error.

Thanks in advance ,
Smitty

neilneilb
January 14th, 2011, 06:37 AM
misunderstood question.

Chris Breeze
January 14th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I'm having a problem using photo booth images. In the block space under
*Folder containing header. . .etc.* what do I type in the space so I can make use of the images ? I go to local disc(C:)/ program files/photo booth images and I can
see the various folders. After typing a line in the space and go to
*Full Screen Photo Booth Mode* , I get an error.

Thanks in advance ,
Smitty

You can display a browser to select the folder if you press on the "..." button to the right of the text edit area. This will avoid errors trying to type the path directly in to the text edit box.

Smitty
January 15th, 2011, 01:04 AM
You can display a browser to select the folder if you press on the "..." button to the right of the text edit area. This will avoid errors trying to type the path directly in to the text edit box.
``````````````````````````
In your Part 1:Overview--
Design the Screen The Viewer Sees

I cannot enter the below items.
I tried to enter them in the box (C: line, but get a warning like this =
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WARNING:The following screen images are missing from the
photo booth images folder (C:\Program Files(x86)\BreezeSys\
DSLR RemotePro\\PhotoboothImages ):

ready.jpg
taking.jpg
processing.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where do I place these ?
Can you send me the correct line so I can cut/paste in the box ?

Smitty

apples
January 15th, 2011, 01:07 PM
You have to create these jpg files yourself.

You can put them into any directory.

Under 'photobooth settings' you then tell the software where to look for these files.

Hope that makes sense.

Smitty
January 15th, 2011, 06:43 PM
You have to create these jpg files yourself.

You can put them into any directory.

Under 'photobooth settings' you then tell the software where to look for these files.

Hope that makes sense.

Ive tried that, but always get an error.
Can you type me a line in the text edit box that works for you ?
Anyone ??

PhotoJames
January 15th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Chris already gave you the information you need. If you follow his advice you won't have any issues (as long as all the files are there).

I usually keep my profiles on the desktop for easy reference.

apples
January 15th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Ive tried that, but always get an error.
Can you type me a line in the text edit box that works for you ?
Anyone ??

Not sure whar you are doing wrong . . . .. .it's worked for everyone else.

Unlike James I've created a subfolder in my personal directory called 'profiles', then in that I may have a subfolder called '4photostripstandard', thats where I'll keep all the .jpg for that format of photo and for that profile, another subfolder could be 6photoacross' and that needs all the .jpg as well.

hope that helps?

Smitty
January 16th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Not sure whar you are doing wrong . . . .. .it's worked for everyone else.

Unlike James I've created a subfolder in my personal directory called 'profiles', then in that I may have a subfolder called '4photostripstandard', thats where I'll keep all the .jpg for that format of photo and for that profile, another subfolder could be 6photoacross' and that needs all the .jpg as well.

hope that helps?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
apples= Thanks for replying.
Sorry to be so dense, but I've tried everyone's suggestions.
Chris said to =
* select the folder if you press on the "..." button to the right of the text edit area.*
OK. . .I did that & got =
C:\Users\Smitty\Desktop\PhotoboothImages\EVF 1280x800

I dragged the folder, PhotoboothImages, to the desktop,
however, I'm not able to use the JPEG images that are in it.
I tried to use the text edit button, but it won't allow the folder.
I've also tried to type in 1.jpeg,2.jpeg. . .etc - no luck ! ERROR

What, pray tell, am I doing wrong ?
Be patient guys. . . .I need guidance. . . .

Smitty

alexsiskahn
January 16th, 2011, 01:38 AM
A basic understanding of windows is needed to use this software.
In order for people to help you; you need to actually post the ENTIRE Error message you are getting.
If we understand the context of your issue it is easier to help you.

Anyways, sounds like you are not logged in as an administrator and Windows Vista/7 is not letting you change rename the files.

disable UAC as well
http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-disable-UAC

Qapla
January 16th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Like some others have mentioned, I have a folder for my photobooth images. Mine is named "Active Photobooth Images". I put whatever images I want used for that event into this folder. I have that folder in the root of c: in a folder named photobooth. Therefore, my images for use by the booth are in "c:\Photobooth\Active Photobooth Images" PSRemote has never failed to locate them.

With PSRemote running, Go to "File" then to "Photobooth Settings" About 3/4 down the settings window there is a line that says "Folder containing header, footer and background images:"

There is a text input box under this - that is where you enter the path that YOUR images are located. You need to enter the ENTIRE path. If needed, locate your images in Windoes Explorer. Then "Copy" the path from the address bar and "Paste" the path into PSRemote (no typos this way)

Smitty
January 16th, 2011, 04:11 AM
A basic understanding of windows is needed to use this software.
In order for people to help you; you need to actually post the ENTIRE Error message you are getting.
If we understand the context of your issue it is easier to help you.

Anyways, sounds like you are not logged in as an administrator and Windows Vista/7 is not letting you change rename the files.

disable UAC as well
http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-disable-UAC

Alex=
I'm running windows7, and did post the entire ERROR message
above, in answer to Chris =
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WARNING:The following screen images are missing from the
photo booth images folder (C:\Program Files(x86)\BreezeSys\
DSLR RemotePro\\PhotoboothImages ):

ready.jpg
taking.jpg
processing.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UAC asks before allowing a change.
For some reason, the software is not allowing
the JPEG images to be accessed.
Apple said=
>You have to create these jpg files yourself.
>Under 'photobooth settings' you then tell the software where to look for these files.

So far, I understand what everyone is saying.
However, Nobody states how to *tell the software*
In the photoboothimages folder, it only sees the EVF 1280X1024.

I appreciate all your help.
Smitty

Smitty
January 16th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Like some others have mentioned, I have a folder for my photobooth images. Mine is named "Active Photobooth Images". I put whatever images I want used for that event into this folder. I have that folder in the root of c: in a folder named photobooth. Therefore, my images for use by the booth are in "c:\Photobooth\Active Photobooth Images" PSRemote has never failed to locate them.

With PSRemote running, Go to "File" then to "Photobooth Settings" About 3/4 down the settings window there is a line that says "Folder containing header, footer and background images:"

There is a text input box under this - that is where you enter the path that YOUR images are located. You need to enter the ENTIRE path. If needed, locate your images in Windoes Explorer. Then "Copy" the path from the address bar and "Paste" the path into PSRemote (no typos this way)

Thanks, Qapla.
I'll give it a try tomorrow. Cam batt is down.
I'v tried countless settings in the text input box.
I'll try yours.

Smitty

alexsiskahn
January 16th, 2011, 02:34 PM
smitty, you DO NOT type in other people's settings.

It's like saying to a friend, I need to get directions to get home. The friend then tells you well this is how I get home. You follow your friends directions and are disappointed that you arrive at their home instead of YOUR home.

OBviously you will arriving at their home and not YOUR home. Similarily if you type in someone else's DIRECTORY DIRECTIONS it has nothing to do with YOUR SETTINGS.

WHERE are your files located? where is your 1, 2 , 3 and 4, and ready and taking and processing jpgs on your computer? Are they on YOUR desktop ARE they under YOUR documents folder?
Once you figgure that out you can figgure out YOUR directory.
typing in "c:\Photobooth\Active Photobooth Images"
will NOT work.

You seem to want to just plug in someone else's address to get YOUR software working. Perhaps a basic windows 7 training DVD would help you, you can get them on amazon for $30 or so.

apples
January 16th, 2011, 06:36 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
apples= Thanks for replying.
Sorry to be so dense, but I've tried everyone's suggestions.
Chris said to =
* select the folder if you press on the "..." button to the right of the text edit area.*
OK. . .I did that & got =

I dragged the folder, PhotoboothImages, to the desktop,
however, I'm not able to use the JPEG images that are in it.
I tried to use the text edit button, but it won't allow the folder.
I've also tried to type in 1.jpeg,2.jpeg. . .etc - no luck ! ERROR

What, pray tell, am I doing wrong ?
Be patient guys. . . .I need guidance. . . .

Smitty

Smitty.

I think what you are doing wrong is that you don't relaise that 1.jpg and 2.jpg and ready.jpg are all SEPARATE files - that are held in a directory somewhere on your PC. You put into the Software where the directory is that HOLDS these files. You don't type in 1.jpg,2.jpg,3.jpg anywhere (apart from when you are doing 'save as' and you call the files those individual names).

rgds