PDA

View Full Version : Help with Sony UP-CX1 printer

miker1267
January 24th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I am trying to install the printer on my laptop as a backup system to my photo booth. I have downloaded the firmware and driver updates for Windows 7. I have done this before on my desktop (unrelated to photo booth) with Windows 7 and it works fine. However, I can't get it to work with the laptop. When looking under "printer properties" it does not show a firmware version so obviously it is not installing properly. I have tried the installation at least 3 times. The printer shows up under "devices and printers" but doesn't print. Running the trouble shooter there in Windows 7 doesn't help. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to get this to work? The installation gets to the point where it says the printer will restart after the settings are transferred and it does so. I am then left with a screen that has two buttons : "detail" and "exit". I click on exit as my only option. I don't know if this takes me out of the program or not.

miker1267
January 26th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Disregard, I figured it out.

chrisell
January 30th, 2011, 11:47 PM
What did the trick?

miker1267
February 1st, 2011, 06:01 AM
After installing the updated driver I got a screen that gave two options. One said the "program did not install correctly" and the other said that it "had installed correctly". Thinking that it had installed correctly because I didn't get any error messages, I clicked on that one. If I had bothered to read the other option it asked if I wanted to install with different settings. When I clicked on that option on the next try it installed files that worked with Windows 7. Felt pretty stupid.