PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to a Canon EOS camera

rwhite
January 31st, 2011, 01:45 PM
I am currently using PSRemote and a Canon Powershot A620 and a Kodak 6550 with wonderful results in my photo booth. The problem is that I don't think the Canon Powershot A620 will work well for green screen applications. I am just starting to embark in the green screen application and I have a 10x20 green screen with (2) box lights and (2) umbrella lights and considering upgrading to a Canon EOS camera and the DSLR Remote Pro.

In green screen applications what model EOS cameras have worked well for you and especially what lense did you use.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions and input. Have a great day :cool:

PhotoJames
January 31st, 2011, 03:10 PM
Hey rwhite,
You listed a lot of equipment and a huge green screen, what exactly are you planning to do with it? Photo booth? Event? I am currently using a Canon G with PSRemote and a much smaller green screen with my photo booth. The results are pretty good although I've heard that DSLR Pro is better. The issue that I'm having with the green screen I think can be fixed by adding another modeling light so that the background shows up a bit better in the live view.

So what are you going to be doing?

rwhite
January 31st, 2011, 06:40 PM
I would like to offer our clients not only our photo booth but the ability to have green screen party. No walls or curtains, just the green screen against a wall with about a 12' to 16' camera shooting distance. I have tried using the green screen mode in our photo booth but again like you I am having difficulty getting it perfect due to the distance problem inside the photo booth and the proper lighting. That is why I would like to have both options of photo booth and a seperate green screen. I think having multiple options are always good. I could go the cheaper way and get another Canon Powershot but don't think the quality would be as good as a EOS. Now unfortunately I am not by any means a camera guru so I would need one that I can somewhat set and shoot. I am just hoping someone can steer me away from the not so good models and lenses and steer me more what works good for green screens.

Bob

alexsiskahn
January 31st, 2011, 09:38 PM
the most important thing in green screen is the lighting.
any lens and any SLR camera will work.

back light the subjects hair, evenly light the background and even consider using a remote strobe on the floor if doing full lenghts.