PDA

View Full Version : web cam official releae date?

alexsiskahn
February 4th, 2011, 03:40 PM
web cam official releae date?
when will this be out of beta?

Chris Breeze
February 7th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I'm currently rewriting the webcam interface to allow the full range of camera resolutions to be supported and can't give a firm date at the moment. I'm aiming for the end of February or early March.

stillmation
February 28th, 2011, 03:36 PM
any news Chris?
I've got a new product I'm working on, this could be fun with the webcam setup :)

Chris Breeze
February 28th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Webcam Photobooth v1.0 has been released today. The webcam interface has been completely rewritten and now allows the full range of resolutions supported by the webcam to be used. Other changes since the last beta include green screen shooting and touchscreen keyboard support.

Be sure to check out the 50% off offer to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our first online sale: http://www.breezesys.com/news.htm

stillmation
March 1st, 2011, 07:27 AM
Webcam Photobooth v1.0 has been released today. The webcam interface has been completely rewritten and now allows the full range of resolutions supported by the webcam to be used. Other changes since the last beta include green screen shooting and touchscreen keyboard support.

Be sure to check out the 50% off offer to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our first online sale: http://www.breezesys.com/news.htm

Wow, good timing. Happy birthday to both of us.

stillmation
March 1st, 2011, 12:25 PM
well, I have to say I'm seriously impressed with this version.

I've already got a complete setup running, touchscreen with 3 profile options and colour/BW selection.
I'm using an MS Lifecam Cinema at 1280x800 and it's superb so far. Low light, as in ambient office light is stunning. So with some continuous lights fitted into the box it'll be great in all conditions.

Processing and printing is blisteringly fast on my dual core atom machine.

It pains me to say it, but this, as far as I'm concerned is the way forward. Unless you really need very high resolution images. The print quality at 6x4in is totally acceptable for booth use.

And that's coming from a full-time photographer who cares about image quality.

stillmation
March 1st, 2011, 12:31 PM
With all that praise come a couple of observations, bugs.?

Countdown text position isn't being saved with the profiles. It reverts to ''1'' when the profile is reloaded.

Custom layout throws up a non-harmfull error dialogue if you don't fill in the details for 4 prints.

Running the software automatically from PC boot: Camera resolution is forgotten.

Enter Full screen on Startup option isn't being remembered either.

Chris Breeze
March 2nd, 2011, 06:59 AM
With all that praise come a couple of observations, bugs.?

Countdown text position isn't being saved with the profiles. It reverts to ''1'' when the profile is reloaded.
I'll fix this in the next release

Custom layout throws up a non-harmfull error dialogue if you don't fill in the details for 4 prints.
It probably ought to be a warning rather than an error, but surely it makes sense to be told that the layout doesn't use all the images?

Running the software automatically from PC boot: Camera resolution is forgotten.
I think this is probably due to the way Windows starts up. If Windows runs Webcam Photobooth before it has detected the webcam then Webcam Photobooth won't be able to access it. Maybe what you need to do put a script in the startup folder that waits a couple of minutes to give Windows time to get going before launching Webcam Photobooth.

I'll fix this in the next release

Chris Breeze
March 2nd, 2011, 07:10 AM
This appears to be working on my system. The setting is saved and it enters full screen photobooth mode automatically when the app is restarted.

stillmation
March 2nd, 2011, 08:05 AM
It probably ought to be a warning rather than an error, but surely it makes sense to be told that the layout doesn't use all the images?

No problem there, but in the settings I had already told it I wanted 1 photo, not 4.

I think this is probably due to the way Windows starts up. If Windows runs Webcam Photobooth before it has detected the webcam then Webcam Photobooth won't be able to access it. Maybe what you need to do put a script in the startup folder that waits a couple of minutes to give Windows time to get going before launching Webcam Photobooth.

This is something I would gladly pay you to do. I need the booth to start up completely on it's own with no user input, I've plans and interest from clients to build and supply a lot of SnapBoxes so investment from my side will be vital, I know. I firmly believe this webcam setup will be the way forward for reliable automation.

stillmation
March 2nd, 2011, 08:10 AM
This appears to be working on my system. The setting is saved and it enters full screen photobooth mode automatically when the app is restarted.

ok, this is an odd one then, but a pain if I can't get it to do that reliably.

Chris Breeze
March 3rd, 2011, 08:22 AM
Are you trying to run it automatically when Windows boots? If so, the problem may be due to Windows not initialising the webcam before it runs Webcam Photobooth.

stillmation
March 4th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Are you trying to run it automatically when Windows boots? If so, the problem may be due to Windows not initialising the webcam before it runs Webcam Photobooth.

exactly what I'm doing. I as I do with my main SnapBox running PSRemote.

I'm aiming to get turn-key operation working and willing to invest in getting the software to that level.