PDA

View Full Version : Doubling up folders

Evo2Me
January 20th, 2005, 08:13 AM
This week I changed my work flow slightly. I decided to go with one folder per month in which to download all my pictures of this month that are not taken within a specific project.

I defined the following download directory in DLP:

[root]:\[directory]\%y %B

with the actual values for the arguments in square brackets.

Now, I expect DLP to create a folder "05 January" when it see that it doesn't exist (later on "05 February", "05 March" etc.), but download any file into the same folder after it has been created.

Not so, it seems, instead of using the folder for a download today, a second folder was created - don't ask me how, I deleted it. Something wrong with my thinking or with DLP?

Chris Breeze
January 20th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by:

[root]:\[directory]\%y %B

with the actual values for the arguments in square brackets.

but when I tried it with "D:\Photos\%y %B" DLPro behaved exactly as expected. The download path column in the main window shows where DLPro will download each file.

Evo2Me
January 20th, 2005, 12:43 PM
OK.

Let's assume I do have a directory in which all my (new) photos go

E:\Photos

I now want to download photos from my G2 into a sub-directory by month ("05" for the current year)

E:\Photos\05 January

I set this in DLP by using specifying the original path plus the tokens %y and %B. When I first downloaded with this scheme from the camera on Tuesday, DLP created a folder E:\Photos\05 January and put the photos into it. This morning I did a download of new photos and expected them to go into the same folder, but when BBP opened automatically, two folders by the name "05 January" were shown. Since I immediately transferred the photos into the first one and then deleted the superfluous one I don't know how that came to be.

Chris Breeze
January 20th, 2005, 02:46 PM
I'm sorry I still don't understand. How can two folders have the same pathname? Is BBPro displaying D:\Photos\05 January twice?

Evo2Me
January 20th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Chris, it's completely my mistake. the combination of some hectic work, a 1600 res on my main monitor and a very slight typo combined to led me astray.

When I fisrt changed the folder naming scheme, a hyphen stole its way in, hence I had a folder "05-January". With the high res on my main monitor it was very easy to overlook this hyphen.

So, DLP didn't do anything wrong, a few tests show it's all alright.

Gary_Berg
January 20th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Could there have been a trailing space, or perhaps two spaces between the year and month?