PDA

View Full Version : new t3 and t3i mean cheaper prices on the t2i!

alexsiskahn
February 8th, 2011, 10:51 AM
It will be interesting to see how much these new cameras wind up costing?
I'm looking forward to cheaper prices on the t2i since neither of these cameras offers anything better for a photobooth.

Brian Peterson
February 8th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure cheaper is going to happen unless you are looking on ebay. I've been waiting to see if the Nikon D5000 drops in price as retailers try to clear out their inventory... No such luck, I haven't seen a really good price on the 5000 even though the 5100 is on it's way.

alexsiskahn
February 8th, 2011, 08:58 PM
retail price on t3 is $600 with kit lens, already cheaper than t2i kit by $100.

all digital camera prices go down pretty fast. My Nikon D1x cost $5K years ago, now its hardly worth anything.

Chris Breeze
February 9th, 2011, 06:07 AM
On paper the Rebel T3 looks like the most cost effective camera available for photo booth work: 12M pixels for stills, up to 720p for video and high quality live view display. I won't be able to add support for it in DSLR Remote Pro until I can get hold of a camera and Canon release a new SDK.

chrisell
February 13th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Does "SDK" stand for Software Designer's Kit? I've seen you refer to it several times and it's piqued my curiosity.

Thanks for the great products you've created for us over the years.

PhotoJames
February 14th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Chrisell, you're close, but it actually stands for "Software Developer's Kit"

Chris Breeze
February 14th, 2011, 06:58 AM
The SDK basically includes the same libraries as used by Canon's own apps plus linkage information and documentation. Normally I can develop the app by borrowing the libraries that come on the software disk supplied with the camera but I'm not allowed to redistribute these until Canon release the SDK.

alexsiskahn
March 12th, 2011, 09:00 AM
any estimated idea of when the t3 supoort will be added. I've got mine pre ordered.

Chris Breeze
March 14th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I pre-ordered my 1100D (the UK name for the T3) the day it was announced and hope to get it as soon as it goes on sale. Normally the SDK is available within a few weeks of the camera going on sale. I have a meeting with Canon on Wednesday and may know more then but this may be covered by an NDA.

I have already updated DSLR Remote Pro for Windows to support the 600D/Rebel T3i but can't release this until the SDK is available. Adding support for the T3 should only be a few days' work.