PDA

View Full Version : Green screen enhancements and simplifications + touchscreen keyboard

Chris Breeze
February 8th, 2011, 04:53 PM
NKRemote v2.2, PSRemote v2.1 and DSLR Remote Pro for Windows v2.2 (released today) include the following enhancements and simplifications for green screen shooting:

The green screen background for both the live view display and the printed output is defined using a single file named greenscreen_background.jpg in the photo booth images folder. Similarly the optional green screen overlay is defined using a single file named greenscreen_overlay.pngin the photo booth images folder.
Different greenscreen backgrounds and overlays can be used for each shot in the photo booth shooting sequence by appending the shot number to the filenames e.g. greenscreen_background_1.jpg for the first shot, greenscreen_background_2.jpg for the second shot etc.
A full size green screened copy of each photo taken by the camera can be saved by selecting the "Save copy of greenscreened photos" option in the green screen settings window

These releases also include the ability to display a touchscreen keyboard to allow users to enter details such as their email addresses. The keyboard can be displayed before or after shooting the images. The keyboard appearance and layout can be customized using an XML file and optional screen images saved in the photo booth images folder. Details of the photos and a copy of the user input is stored in an XML file which is saved in the image download folder using the same filename as the first shot in the sequence.

alexsiskahn
February 8th, 2011, 09:03 PM
The installers buttons do not say "OK"
ACCEPT
ETC.

It's just cosmetic, but it might confuse some people.

alexsiskahn
February 8th, 2011, 10:34 PM
just read the help file the amount of keyboard customization is very impressive.

however it's practical applications are limited. its pretty tedious to open up xml files copy the email and then attach the photo to hundreds of individual emails.

if you combined it with the blat dll found on AHK forums it could automatically send the emails to the recipient.

apples
February 8th, 2011, 10:52 PM
hi Chris,

Many thanks for number 3, I know I've mentioned it a few times.

Now just need to find time to test it!

On another matter, I've got a new laptop arriving tomorrow, I know I can have 2 computers with the Breeze software as long as only 1 is running at a time (which will be the case, the old one will become the backup) - what do I need when I download the software? Will I need to dig out the old registration email ? cheers

PhotoJames
February 9th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I have yet to update, but I have to say Wow! You rock Chris.

alexsiskahn
February 9th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Another possibility is to allow a physical keyboard to be used for those systems that do not want to use a touch screen. I have found that it takes people 3 to 4x longer to type in their email using a touch screen vs a keyboard.

anastassis
February 9th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Great update! for once more, really impressive.

Although would love to be able to sent the emails instantly, rather than save it for later use.

PhotoJames
February 9th, 2011, 03:54 PM
just read the help file the amount of keyboard customization is very impressive.

however it's practical applications are limited. its pretty tedious to open up xml files copy the email and then attach the photo to hundreds of individual emails.

if you combined it with the blat dll found on AHK forums it could automatically send the emails to the recipient.

alexsiskahn, that sounds like a great idea, do you or does anybody else on the board know how to make this work?

alexsiskahn
February 9th, 2011, 06:09 PM
there is a guy named TIC on AHK forum that could do it for you

just join the forum over at AHK and ask.

I'm sure if you paid Breeze Systems they would find a way to do it as well.