PDA

View Full Version : live_view_overlay

miker1267
February 10th, 2011, 05:29 AM
I upgraded to the latest version of PSRemote tonight. Now my live_view_overlay does not show up. It is still in the image file, in fact I have deleted and reinstalled it. Still it doesn't show. Any ideas of why I've lost it and how to recover?

Chris Breeze
February 10th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Sorry this appears to be a bug in PSRemote v2.1. However there is a workaround by enabling greenscreen and renaming the overlay greenscreen_overlay.png. You will also need to create a dummy greenscreen_background.jpg image. Then in full screen photo booth mode type Ctrl+G to display the greenscreen settings and enable greenscreen display. If you set the green threshold to 255, the read level to 0 and the blue level to 0 it will effectively disable the green screen background replacement and just add the overlay.
There may be a small performance hit but you do also get the option to use different overlays for each shot and to save a full size copy of each photo with the overlay added.

I will fix the bug in the next release.

PhotoJames
February 10th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Hi Chris,
I upgraded to 2.1 and am really thrilled with the upgrades. I read about being able to save the pictures with the overlay but haven't found where to turn that option on. I haven't had much time to play with this, but I think this is a great option.

miker1267
February 10th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Chris: I haven't used the green screen capability yet and the work around seems like a pain for something that used to be simple. I am almost at the end of my 1 year of free upgrades. Does this mean I'll have to pay to upgrade to the next version to fix this glitch?

alexsiskahn
February 10th, 2011, 10:54 PM
just revert to the old version is another solution.

miker1267
February 11th, 2011, 05:56 AM
I might do that. I eventually would like to use the green screen and would like to have the latest version for that purpose.

PhotoJames
February 11th, 2011, 04:32 PM
The green screen option worked in 2.0 so going backwards might make sense for you. However, if you are going to be using more than one profile and it includes an overlay 2.0 has a glitch that won't let you do this. Just my $.02