PDA

View Full Version : Going to demo Downloader but will it...

cbeam2
April 18th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Let's say I have multiple cards from multiple cameras. Will I be able to use DLP for this situation or will different cameras that have the same folder name or file name be a problem? I'm totally clear on DLP's functionality either. Will I be able to start the program and just pop in one card after the other to automatically download them?

Chuck

Chris Breeze
April 19th, 2005, 07:10 AM
DLPro really excells in this area. The camera mapping dialog allows you to setup different download paths and filenames for each camera. If the cameras are Canon DSLRs the camera mapping can use the camera serial number to identify different cameras of the same model (i.e. you could have five photographers each using Canon EOS-1D Mark II cameras and have separate download paths for each). If the cameras are Canon PowerShot cameras the camera mapping can use the owner string stored in the shooting data to identify individual cameras. With Nikon cameras the camera mapping can use the comment string to identify individual cameras. For other camera makes the camera mapping uses the camera model name.

DLPro can handle a series of CF cards to download. After downloading each card it is best to hit F6 to "eject" the card then remove the card and insert the next one and press F5 to refresh the display. Alternatively if you're using Windows XP you can setup DLPro to be launched by AutoPlay when a card is inserted in the card reader and use the automation in DLPro to download the images automatically and then exit ready for the next card.

It takes a bit of time to set everything up, but once you've done this DLPro is a big time saver when downloading from multiple cameras.