PDA

View Full Version : Webcam Photobooth v1.0 released

Chris Breeze
February 28th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Webcam Photobooth v1.0 is now available for download from http://www.breezesys.com/Webcam/index.htm
Webcam Photobooth shares the same flexible layout options, green screen shooting capability, touchscreen keyboard and other photo booth related features as our other photo booth software. The webcam interface has been completely rewritten since the last beta and now allows the full range of resolutions supported by the webcam to be used.

Be sure to check out the 50% off offer to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our first online sale: http://www.breezesys.com/news.htm
This offer is only available until midnight on Sunday after which time the price reverts back to US $95.

anastassis
March 1st, 2011, 06:44 PM
Chris,

downloaded the trial version and installed it. Everytime i run it i get an error access violation message.

Chris Breeze
March 2nd, 2011, 07:15 AM
This could be caused by antivirus software or Windows Data Execution Protection (DEP) interfering with the running of Webcam Photobooth. Please see this page for information on using DEP:
http://www.breezesys.com/vista_dep.htm
The page was originally written for Windows Vista but also applies to Windows 7

anastassis
March 2nd, 2011, 09:39 AM
Unfortunately problem still exists.. tried to install and run the software in two systems but with no luck :-(

ulyrn
March 2nd, 2011, 06:52 PM
since webcam pb is officially out, maybe Chris can customize the software to run the webcam as live view and dslr as the main camera.

Qapla
March 2nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
A while back I d/l one of the upgrade versions of PSRemote, I also got those errors using the trial version. Once I used the registered version, errors went away and have never returned.

alexsiskahn
March 3rd, 2011, 04:44 AM
can the web cam be rotated 90 degrees for portrait orientation?

brinlloyd
March 3rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
Hi

I've looked thro the help files and cannot see any ref to being able to do video and prints, is it possible?

Brin

Chris Breeze
March 3rd, 2011, 08:27 AM
Unfortunately problem still exists.. tried to install and run the software in two systems but with no luck :-(

If it isn't Windows data execution prevention the next most likely cause is antivirus or internet security software interfering with the running of the app.

Chris Breeze
March 3rd, 2011, 08:28 AM
can the web cam be rotated 90 degrees for portrait orientation?

Yes, that's what the rotation dropdown list in the main window is for.

Chris Breeze
March 3rd, 2011, 08:29 AM
Hi

I've looked thro the help files and cannot see any ref to being able to do video and prints, is it possible?

Brin

It doesn't support video at the moment, but I am looking into this for a future release.

chrisell
March 4th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Has anyone actually tried this in a booth or mockup? I'm wondering if the degree of wide angle is appropriate.

With a good LED or CFL softbox this could be really workable.

Do webcams have a controllable shutter speed?

Inquiring minds want to know!

chrisell
March 4th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I'm spoiled by the controls built into regular cameras, which are addressed from within the DSLR and P&S remote capture software.

Things like white balance and exposure +/- control. Does that exist in webcams?

If not I'll probably stick with my Canon G-series and SX-series cameras.

jdavies
March 9th, 2011, 06:54 PM
It doesn't support video at the moment, but I am looking into this for a future release.

I'm very interested in the videobooth option for Webcam PB. Any predictions when the next version of to include video capture will be released? weeks, months, years? thanks

Chris Breeze
March 10th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I'm spoiled by the controls built into regular cameras, which are addressed from within the DSLR and P&S remote capture software.

Things like white balance and exposure +/- control. Does that exist in webcams?

If not I'll probably stick with my Canon G-series and SX-series cameras.

It depends on the drivers for the webcam. If you press F8 in fullscreen mode it will display the webcam's settings dialog. The Microsoft and Logitech webcams I've tested so far have the option to turn AF off, to adjust the gain and color saturation. The Microsoft webcams also have the option to adjust the color balance.

Chris Breeze
March 10th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I'm very interested in the videobooth option for Webcam PB. Any predictions when the next version of to include video capture will be released? weeks, months, years? thanks

It's hard to say but definitely weeks or months not years. I need to spend some time on my other products first e.g. T3i/T3 support for DSLR Remote Pro and updates to the Mac version.

jdavies
April 22nd, 2011, 11:07 PM
It's hard to say but definitely weeks or months not years. I need to spend some time on my other products first e.g. T3i/T3 support for DSLR Remote Pro and updates to the Mac version.

Just wondering if the video capture capability for webcam photobooth is in the works. Eager to add a webcam for video to my PSremote photobooth. thanks.:)

Chris Breeze
April 25th, 2011, 11:40 AM
It is in the works. However, I'm exceptionally busy at the moment and need to spend time finishing work on updates for the new Canon Rebel T23 and T3i cameras first. Once this is done I'll be concentrating on adding video booth support to Webcam Photobooth.

malibud
April 27th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Thanks Chris! I would love the video on webcam option too. Will there be a way to allow users to switch between video on the webcam, but photobooth shooting using PSRemote?

ulyrn
April 27th, 2011, 03:25 AM
i'll wait for this
:D

okcfb
May 14th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Chris are you planning on adding the email feature to the photobooth software or do we need to get hotfolder prints to add this to our booth.
Thanks

stillmation
May 15th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I'm hoping the AHK scripts will be compatible with the webcam software too..

Chris Breeze
May 16th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Chris are you planning on adding the email feature to the photobooth software or do we need to get hotfolder prints to add this to our booth.
Thanks

It would be better to use Hotfolder Prints because this can format the photos into a layout suitable for emailing and then email them. The problem with trying to do this from the photobooth software is that a layout suitable for printing isn't really suitable for emailing. The layout for printing tends to be a much higher resolution and portrait orientation whereas you probably want smaller files in landscape orientation for emailing to users. You may also want to add extra contact info or a "Proofs" watermark to the emailed copy.

I'm also working on a kiosk mode for BreezeBrowser Pro which would allow users to select reprints and to email images using a separate touchscreen computer after leaving the booth.

Chris Breeze
May 16th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I'm hoping the AHK scripts will be compatible with the webcam software too..

They should work just as well on Webcam Photobooth. The only area you might have problems with is scripts that use standby mode bacause Webcam Photobooth doesn't have a standby mode at the moment.

stillmation
May 16th, 2011, 11:26 AM
They should work just as well on Webcam Photobooth. The only area you might have problems with is scripts that use standby mode bacause Webcam Photobooth doesn't have a standby mode at the moment.

..but will be in a next version I trust?

Chris Breeze
May 17th, 2011, 07:43 AM
..but will be in a next version I trust?

Yes, that's the plan. I just need to finish the next BreezeBrowser Pro release and then I'll be able to concentrate my efforts on Webcam Photobooth.

chrisell
June 15th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I've tried a couple of models and am not very happy with the controls of the camera (the Breeze software is fine, IMHO). Maybe there's a good web cam out there but hate to buy them and end up disappointed again.

I've tried DSLRs and various Powershots - the Powershots are best but of course it's tough relying on discontinued product. Good for the moment - think I have 8 compatible models squirreled away - but the outlook isn't good.