PDA

View Full Version : Any way to offer multiple green screen options to guests?

PBS2011
March 28th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and would like to say hi. I've already gotten quite a bit of good info from reading through all the posts and it's gone a long way to helping me set everything up.

I think, from reading the posts, that I'm right to believe there is a way to set up the system to offer customers and their guests multiple green screen backgrounds to choose from when they step into the booth (I'm using a touchscreen inside the booth). For instance, I have clients that want to give their guests the option to choose the Statue of Liberty, the Grand Canyon, and the Eiffel Tower as green screen backgrounds.

Aside from trying to get the right lighting on the screen itself, I've figured out how to get the greenscreen to work. And I've learned how to upload a single image to be used as the backdrop. But how do I set up for more than one greenscreen option?

I think it would be fine for the system to go right into picture taking mode once they choose their backdrop. That is, instead of guests choosing their backdrop and then hitting the screen again to start the countdown, I'm fine with just having the countdown start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Breeze
March 28th, 2011, 07:44 AM
One option is to have a different green screen background for each shot. You can do this by naming the backgrounds greenscreen_background_1.jpg, greenscreen_background_2.jpg, greenscreen_background_3.jpg etc.

To allow guests to choose which backgrounds to use you need to have a photobooth images folder for each set of backgrounds and then use the profile option to switch between them. To do this set everything up for the first background and save the settings to file e.g. 1.xml. Then set everything up for the second set of backgrounds using a different photobooth images folder and save the settings to file e.g. 2.xml. Repeat for up to 6 different sets of backgrounds. Then use the profiles option to assign each of the keyboard shortcuts (Shift+Ctrl+1 through Shift+Ctrl+6) to the various settings files (1.xml through 6.xml). You then need to edit the ready.jpg screen image in each photobooth images folder to show which backgrounds it uses.

PBS2011
March 28th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks Chris. I have a couple more questions based on what you told me.

I've renamed the jpegs I would like to use for the greenscreen background as:

greenscreen_background_1.jpg
greenscreen_background_2.jpg
greenscreen_background_3.jpg

When you say: set everything up for the first background and save the settings to file e.g. 1.xml.

I figure that means to set my number of photos to be taken, the template for how the pics will be printed, output options, etc. But I'm confused as to where/how I should save each profile with its own greenscreen option. The only way I know how to set the system to utilize greenscreen is to hit ctrl+g once in full screen photo booth mode. I'm new to using this, but that doesn't seem like it's saveable as part of a profile. If I'm missing something please let me know.

When you say: Then set everything up for the second set of backgrounds using a different photobooth images folder and save the settings to file e.g. 2.xml

Does this mean to just create a new folder in the same directory as the original but call it something different. And if so, what should they be called?

And I just want to be sure that the end result of all this is that the guests will be able to select the image they want from a touchscreen inside the booth and get the system started. I'm hoping to not need my attendant to do that for them.

Thanks very much!

PBS2011
March 29th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm guessing from the lack of replies that it's not possible to use the touchscreen to call up one of 3 profiles, each with its own greenscreen background?

Again, just to maybe clarify - I'm looking to have people walk into my booth and be able to select from 3 greenscreen options. The option they choose will be the background for each of their pics from their time in the booth.

I don't know if I've started off right in setting this up but here's what I have done so far:

Made 3 different folders for photobooth images, created 3 similar profiles (same print layout, same number of shots, etc. and each folder with its own greenscreen_background file), and then set up my touchscreen to allow guests to choose their background. This means that I've allocated 3 different areas of the touchscreen for my 3 profiles.

The issue is that when I touch the screen in an area that should be pulling up my 3rd profile (with a greenscreen background of the NYC skyline) the greenscreen option automatically shuts down so all I'm left with is a live view showing the green drape on the back side of the booth interior. Then, the touchscreen is automatically reverting to my regular welcome screen and only one area of the touchscreen is now active - the (I think) standard upper left hand corner which starts the system.

Can anyone please tell me if I'm missing something?

Thanks much!

LorneChesal
March 29th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I don't use greenscreen as yet, but I have set up multiple profiles to be called up via the touchscreen, so I'll offer this...

does each profile point to a unique folder that holds the greenscreen image(s)?

ie: under SETTINGS > OUTPUT > PHOTOBOOTH IMAGES FOLDER... each profile can look in a different folder for its images. And yes, this folder can be called whatever you wish and can live wherever you wish. Do yourself a favor though and name/locate them in a way that makes sense for troubleshooting purposes.

If your profiles are working, but just not the unique background, maybe this will help.

regards,

Lorne