PDA

View Full Version : Remote Control through dlls

mwhealton
January 20th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Hi all:
I'm working on a project to set up a way to capture a patient image in the hospital where i work. We need to control the camera from an external program, and I see DSLR Remote Pro has the dlls for this. (Camera will likely be a Canon EOS 10D or a roughly similar one. We are also looking at Nikon D70 or D100).
One requirement we have is to expressly lock the Shutter Release button on the camera body, until the external program allows a shot to be taken. The reason is to be sure we have the correct record available for the capture and to lessen frivolous shots. Once the program enables the camera, the clinician will use the camera body shutter release to capture the image to the computer.
Questions:
Does the DSLR Remote PRo dll allow locking and unlocking the camera body shutter release button under program control? or is there a way to 'fake' this behavior (I notice that the Nikon D100 disable sthe camera shutter release button when there is no flash memory card in place.)

Thanks in advance for advice on this!
Matt Whealton

Chris Breeze
January 20th, 2005, 02:57 PM
It is possible to lock the camera controls from the PC but DSLR Remote Pro doesn't have any commands to let you manually lock or unlock the controls. It does temporarily lock the controls when updating settings. I may be able to produce a custom version of DSLR Remote Pro to do this - it might be better to contact me directly to discuss this ([email protected]).

BTW DSLR Remote Pro only works with Canon EOS cameras.