PDA

View Full Version : Saving conversion settings for each file

ruusnak
January 20th, 2005, 02:34 PM
What is the status of the subject feature? When will BB or BB pro support saving conversion settings for each file? As it is, BB/BBPro are both unusable for doing batches (which is sad, because even Canon's own sw includes the possiblity to take a bunch of files, do adjustments per file, and only then do a batch conversion).

Chris Breeze
January 21st, 2005, 07:05 AM
There are still a couple of problems with the Canon SDK when converting raw files from older PowerShot cameras which is preventing me from doing this. It appears that a few functions got lost when Canon split the SDK into three separate SDKs and so I may need to wait for the next release of PowerShot raw conversion SDK.

sneagle
January 23rd, 2005, 03:32 PM
I agree that this would be a great feature. Is it possible to implement it for the cameras for which it would work? And if not, what is the time frame for a workable Canon SDK--as best as you can guess?

Also, how about an ability to crop before HTML generation? This would simplify my workflow considerably.

Chris Breeze
January 24th, 2005, 11:40 AM
I think Canon are intending to release a new SDK every 6 months. The last one was released in Dec and so the next one will probably be in May/June. I plan to start work on this before the new SDK is available, but don't want to release a version which doesn't support 9 PowerShot models.

I also plan to look at adding cropping of images in the raw conversion window but have yet to decide how this is going to work when batch converting images.