PDA

View Full Version : Automatically deleting files = confused camera

NickSmith
April 25th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Hi

I'm using my Canon 300D and downloader Pro.

I use a card reader to download my pictures, rather than connecting my camera direct to the computer.

I have DownLoader Pro set to automatically delete the photos after they are downloaded.

When it does this, it appears to delete everything on the CF - including the directory structure. The camera handles this OK - it appears to create new ones, with the correct directory number. However, it seems not to be able to remember the sequence number of the last number taken, as I am getting sequence numbers repeated (however not foloowing an obvious pattern).

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Nick

Nill Toulme
April 26th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Are you sure you have numbering set to continuous in the camera? And you're not using your cards in more than one camera?

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

NickSmith
April 26th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Nill

It is definately set to continuous, and I only have one camera...

Nick

Chris Breeze
April 27th, 2005, 09:49 AM
If you have several CF cards and don't always delete all the images before using the card the camera may continue the sequence numbers from what it reads on the card.

DLPro simply deletes empty directories and the CANONMSC dir if it no longer refences any image directories. This should be no different from inserting a blank, newly formatted CF card in the camera.