PDA

View Full Version : DLP cant find card reader

fotoflo
April 26th, 2005, 11:01 PM
I have it on a 2K laptop with the card in a PCMCIA reader. DLP has worked OK in the past on this machine but now it cant find the card reader, I have to manually enter the the drive letter each time I insert a card. Since there are 2 PCMCIA slots on this machine, as well as networked drive letters that may or may not be in use, I am assuming that DLP will be able to identify which drive letter actually has a CF card in it, but maybe not. I un- and re- installed DLP, same result

Roger

Chris Breeze
April 27th, 2005, 09:54 AM
You can specify a range of drive letters for DLPro to check in preferences. I don't use Win2000 any more, but on my WinXP Pro laptops the drive letter doesn't depend on which PCMCIA slot I use: WinXP allocates it to the next available drive letter.
AutoPlay on WinXP also simplifies things because it passes the drive letter to DLPro when it launches it.

fotoflo
April 27th, 2005, 01:31 PM
"You can specify a range of drive letters for DLPro to check in preferences."

Where? I see the option to "Locate camera or card reader at startup" and "Locate card reader" button which when pushed, does not locate the card reader. The button should say "This button will find a drive letter that you point it towards and will only locate the drive letter that has been manually entered in the drive letter box after checking Windows to see which drive letter has been assigned to the card reader. Be aware that Windows may change the drive letter depending on the drive letters available and that you will have to check for the correct drive latter each time you insert a card."

Roger

Zero-Point
April 27th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Not sure why the Locate Card Reader button is not finding the drive letter. Maybe you are testing without any images on the card:
Downloader Pro will scan the drive letters in the order defined until it finds a drive containing images.

You can specify the drive and a range in the box next to "Drive letter or letters" in the preferences.
Use a hyphen to specify a range of drive letters e.g. G-I to specify drives G, H and I.