PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Shortcuts?

PaulWright
July 15th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I have been a long time user of BB Remote Pro for PC. High use of keyboard shortcuts is the way I work in most programs, BB Pro, Lightroom, Adobe Creative Suite CS5 etc. Recently I bought a Macbook Pro for location work and downloaded the trial version of Remote Pro for Mac. It doesn't seem nearly as evolved as the PC version. Where are the keyboard shortcuts? I couldn't find them anywhere in the documentation. Do they exist?

In the meantime I've been plugging away with EOS Utility, another program that seems to have overlooked the way most busy professionals operate....no keyboard shortcuts there either.

For me there's no point in buying a license for BB RemotePro for Mac until the keyboard shortcut matter is resolved. Shooting tethered is probably the prime function of my Macbook. Yet I'm now hit with this reduced functionality.

Chris, you'll sell a LOT more when this is fixed.

Thanks & regards,
Paul Wright

Chris Breeze
July 18th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Most of the photobooth related keyboard shortcuts are available on the Mac version but using the Cmd key not the Ctrl key. There are also several keyboard shortcuts for menu items (listed after the relevant menu entry).

PaulWright
July 19th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the response Chris. Yes, I'm aware of what you've said.

What I'm genuinely interested to know is when BB RemotePro for Mac will have the same level of functionality as the PC version.

Thanks, Paul Wright

PaulWright
April 13th, 2012, 01:04 PM
So Chris is there a plan to make the Mac version match the functionality of the PC version?
You'll sell plenty when you do.

Thanks, Paul Wright

Chris Breeze
April 17th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I'm planning to keep it in sync with the Windows version in most areas. Currently I can't justify the cost of adding video booth functionality to the Mac version.

PaulWright
September 20th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks Chris, when do you expect to ship DSLR Remote Pro for Mac that will see the 5D Mk3?

Cheers,

Chris Breeze
September 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I have a development version that supports the 5D Mark III but I'm reluctant to release it because the latest version of Canon's SDK (required for the 5D Mark III) doesn't support Mountain Lion. Canon's EOS Utility doesn't work on Mountain Lion either and so hopefully they will fix this (and the SDK) soon.

It would be too confusing to have DSLR Remote Pro for Mac v1.5 supporting older cameras and Mountain Lion and then to release v1.6 which supports the 5D Mark III but doesn't run on Mountain Lion.