PDA

View Full Version : BLack and White photo's not saving as b/w

SureShotPhotoLounge
September 9th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Just updated my DSLR software today to the newest version assuming it might fix my issue but it has not. So here's whats going on...when I take a b/w session with my Open Air Photo Booth it prints out the original photo strip in b/w but not the reprint. Not only does the reprint print in color but the photo strip file saves as a color print as well. This started happening just a few months ago and not sure if it was an update that made it miss or what. Now to do a temporary fix for a party I have tomorrow which is in all b/w photo's, I adjusted my picture style to Monochrome which works perfect but need to know if there is a solution to this or not.

Is there something I'm missing? A setting maybe? I'm running another unit with PS Remote and that one is just fine with the b/w coloring but not my DSLR.

Thoughts anyone? :confused:

PhotoJames
September 10th, 2011, 03:12 PM
You have to select the color mode before reprinting otherwise it will use the default. (Color)

Chris Breeze
September 12th, 2011, 09:29 AM
The photos saved from the camera use the current camera settings which is normally color. DSLR Remote Pro will print or reprint these using the current color/B&W setting. One option is to use different picture styles in the camera to switch between B&W and color and then the images saved by the camera will be in B&W or color.

SureShotPhotoLounge
September 12th, 2011, 12:58 PM
The photos saved from the camera use the current camera settings which is normally color. DSLR Remote Pro will print or reprint these using the current color/B&W setting. One option is to use different picture styles in the camera to switch between B&W and color and then the images saved by the camera will be in B&W or color.

Chris...thanks for getting back to me!!

I did actually use a Monochrome picture style for this past weekend so I would get the all b/w photo's my client was looking for. I guess I'm still confused though on why its not saving the actual photo strip in b/w (in the file) or printing the reprint in b/w when the picture style is set to neutral which is what I thought it was always on before. It would be great if it saved in the file as b/w so I can atleast go in and make a reprint but its not...are my settings not right or something?

It used to always save my photo session in which ever setting was used for that session and now its not.

Cheryl

kaber
September 12th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Chris,

This seems to be a bug in the latest version since I it worked correctly in previous versions. The only way to fix it is to manually set the camera itself to monochrome every time you power the camera on. Then all works correctly. Hopes this helps others.

Chris Breeze
September 13th, 2011, 08:17 AM
No. it's always worked this way. The photos are downloaded from the camera without modification and then printed in color or B&W depending on the current setting. If you change the photobooth setting to B&W it will print in B&W then if you change it to color and reprint the reprint will be in color (and will overwrite the previous JPEG copy in B&W if the "Print and save JPEG copy" output option is selected).
If you select B&W by using the monochrome PictureStyle in the camera the camera will save the photos in B&W and you won't be able to make color prints later.