PDA

View Full Version : Hot Folder prints email to 2 seperate email addresses?

jfreeman1412
September 22nd, 2011, 05:09 PM
First I thank you to Chris for all the technical support he gives! Couldn't be more grateful. Second I was wondering if it was possible in hotfolder prints in the email settings, Specifically on the "To:" line, to send it two addresses? Want I am aiming for is to be able to send it to the {user_data} and to a set email to upload to my photo album site.

neilneilb
September 23rd, 2011, 04:07 AM
This can be done by entering in the To line : {user_data},your [email protected] This will not work when sending a test email but will work in full screen photobooth mode when using the on screen keyboard with hotfolder prints. Your clients can also enter multiple email addresses seperated with a comma. If you are using a web based email client such as gmail you can also just go to your sent folder and all of the emails and attachments your clients have entered are there. Do you have some kind of forwarder setup to automatically upload to your photo site? Otherwise it seems it would be easier to upload directly to your photo site at the end of the event all at once vs dealing with each individual email and attachment. Not sure what your setup is but hope this helps.

jfreeman1412
September 23rd, 2011, 04:21 AM
Ya it does help thank you. Yes i have a set up to upload pictures as they are taken to my photo album site that people can pull up on there smart phone and view all of the pictures taken through the night.

However no matter what I do I cannot get this to upload on my site and email the photos. There is no error when running, and It gets to my sent folder in my email account and it sends it to the email address but will not upload to the site. However if i just send a email the regular way to the same to addresses it uploads right up and does everything it is suppose to. Any ideas?

neilneilb
September 24th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Without knowing exactly what you are doing it's very difficult to make guess as to why it's not working. I did however find that if you put a static email address in the To: line along with the {user_data} token it will only send the emails if your client chooses to enter and email address. If they choose not to send an email or enter it incorrectly it will not send any of them. To get around this you can run two instances of hfp monitoring the same folder, one having {user_data} in the To: line and the other having your static email address.